close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hard freeze/spawn

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by dcross765, Feb 13, 2008.

1. I'm glad to see the freeze stay for a while. I don't ice fish, but last year the lakes froze and thawed and froze again. When the first freeze thawed the fish started moving around and the freeze came back and the prespawn bite never really got into full swing like it did the previous years. I know weather has a lot to do with how fish react so i hope this year is more normal and the lakes thaw and stay that way. Any thoughts.

2. DNR said the fish spawned last year before they got there nets in. Under the ice! Some say its the lengh IN days and we got that. March will be here SOON! Sun just hasnt been out long enough. Almost forgot what it looks like.:D

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

remeber last April we had that late freakishly cold blast of winter for a few weeks.

4. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

Puts a hurtin on the shroom hunting:mad:

Hey Hardwater, It 's almost MOREL time:)

5. I look for you to write a best seller on Walleye fishin one day. I'll be first in line to buy one as long as you take me fishing once for eyes. LOL I had heard that about them spawning under the ice. Hopefully this year will be back to the norm. It's been a couple weeks and i'm twitching and starting to stutter again. The only thing that temporarily cures it is cast and retrieve therapy. Last weekend stunk as they opened the flood gates just in time for the weekend. We'll see what this weekend brings. Dave

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

hear ya loud and clear my friend......good luck to ya in the woods this spring.

i think i see one. :D