Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

· Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
There was a time when seeing a robin or returning Canada geese were the first signs of Spring, along with metal buckets on Maple trees. These days robins and geese are seen throughout the Winter and there are fewer sap buckets hanging. Now for me it is hearing peepers or seeing redwing blackbirds. Any of you Southern guys seeing either yet? Any other signs of Spring that you look for? Since it looks like Winter isn't going to show up this year, I am ready to start Spring a bit early.

· Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Spring and warm weather to me is Farmers putting down :poop: on their fields Love that smell LMAO because summer is around the corner 😁
LOL. We parallel. I love the smell of skunk in the Spring also, a sign that Winter is waning. My wife and daughter just shook their heads while the aroma made me smile. You're right though, seeing tractors and implements in the field is a good sign.

· Super Moderator
1,226 Posts
Spring and warm weather to me is Farmers putting down :poop: on their fields Love that smell LMAO because summer is around the corner
Me too. Spent three years in then West Germany. Came back in March and the manure smell was heavy. Hard to believe you can miss such a smell..

Kip

· Registered
1,775 Posts
Not everybody loves it. Had one lady who incessantly called the cops on me. Finally, they told her not to call anymore so she switched to the health department. Inspection came out and the land owner of the field caught him there. The inspector asked the land owner what it was and if it was organic. After a long blank stare, the land owner replied, " it's cow sh-- you moron, what do you think!?" The inspector just walked away. I stopped to see the lady and showed her where her septic was broken and leaching into the field. I asked if she would like me to call the health department for her. Never had a problem there after.

· Registered
10,498 Posts
The local farmer can’t use his poo pond to spread his skunk juice(must freeze over at night) but he didn’t sell his “mechanical” spreaders(when he let the gas/oil giant frack his farm for $1 mil! and bought Huli tankers!-And they’ve been busy!)🤧 Plus my forsythias are just abt to pop! We will miss them in the “Real” Spring! All that said, this year, I expect to be pulling crappie during a snowstorm In two months!

· Premium Member
1,374 Posts
The local farmer can’t use his poo pond to spread his skunk juice(must freeze over at night) but he didn’t sell his “mechanical” spreaders(when he let the gas/oil giant frack his farm for $1 mil! and bought Huli tankers!-And they’ve been busy!)🤧 Plus my forsythias are just abt to pop! We will miss them in the “Real” Spring! All that said, this year, I expect to be pulling crappie during a snowstorm In two months!
Great stuff c.j. I needed that! :LOL:

1 - 20 of 135 Posts