close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

happy hoover new year

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by misfit, Jan 1, 2005.

1. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,everything went right today,and toad and i made it to the lake and back,with none of our usual "misadventures" :D .we launched at walnut ramp to begin the second edition of what is becoming a new years day tradition :cool:
    the weather was good,and we had a great time,as usual.the only thing that could have made it better would have been finding more active fish.we worked a few spots only to finish the day with one eye and one crappie,along with a few "misses".all hits came on a vibe,jigging about 30 fow.
    another great thing about the day was the money we saved by retrieving snagged lures with the new plug knocker which was a christmas gift from toad(thanks again,buddy) :)
    i think it saved us about $20 today :cool:
    here are the only two fish of the first day of the year.

Attached Files:

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

That's sweet guys! I'm jealous!!!

Hope that's a good sign of a great 05 ;)

3. Some of my best memories of fishing has been in the winter.And some of my biggest fish have been caught on finesse baits in the winter.Great fish guys, it sounds like you may have you a new New years tradition.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Way to go Rick. Glad you at least caught some fish. Times like that are hard to beat! You da Man. Thanks for keeping an eye on him Toad, we all know you had your hands full :rolleyes:

5. Me and a buddy fished above the dam at hoover and didnt do any good, also fished alum below the dam and all we got was about a 6 inch rock bass, and we saw some guy with an eater saugeye below the dam.
    thanks for the report
    bobby

6. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

nice job guys, maybe no misadventures might be a trend for you in 2005. Heres to lottsa eyes/crappies and no mishaps.

bill

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

a day on the water without "mishaps" just doesn't feel right :rolleyes:
    if we keep that up,we're liable to ruin our reputation :eek:
    dale.it's hard for fred to keep an eye on me when he's sleeping :D
    there was one other boat out there but i don't know how they did.hope you guys found some fish,whoever you are.

boat and motor-----$1400
    donuts-------------$3
    having a great friend to share them with on the water-------PRICELESS!!!! :)

8. catking

catking Banned

Good for you guys !!! Come on spring............ THE CATKING !!!

9. hahahaa your one of a kind Rick...
    THANKS for the report and heres hoping you have a great o5'

10. toad

toad geriatrics supporter

had a good time as always. Misfit even had a net without holes in it to start out 2005. :D Rick refused to take a picture of my catch (jealous) It went a little under a pound and was of the sandstone variety.
    Rick kept telling me he was useing the donuts for bait but I never seen him put one on his vibe and he had crumbs all over himself, I think he was really eating them. :rolleyes:
    Dale its not an easy job but someone has to do it.

11. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i told you i hated wasting a picture on such a small "rock" bass :rolleyes:

guess i need to start wearing a bib when i go fishing :rolleyes: :D

12. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Ya'll caught more fish than I did.

Not many bites sitting on the couch :eek:

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yeah,but last week you caught more BIGGER fish while i was on the couch :p :rolleyes: :D