close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

happy birthday fastlane

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappielooker, Oct 11, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

heyy tom.. happy birthday dooood..

2. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Thanks CL, I'd like to say it was a happy day but it is not. I am selling my boat today so I knew it wouldn't be too great of a day. Then, about 1 today I found out my father, (never been really a dad and we have never been really close) who recently lost his wife and has been dealling with things the wrong way (4 DUI's in about a month) today was found shot. I don't know if it was attempted suicide or if someone else did it yet but all I know is he is in the hospital in ICU. No one can give me any details and as soon as the buyer for the boat is gone I am heading off to the hospital. I think I am going to write a book on tragedy since I have so much experience with it. I am getting numb to it actually.

3. Dang, I hope you have a happy birthday at some point Fastlane. For now take care of the problems at hand. I hope it all turns out for the best.

4. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

I'm sorry to hear of your bad news, Tom.

- Rumi

5. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

Well, the buyer on my boat has potentially backed out so that is kinda a mix of good and bad. I need the money but I love the boat. After that ordeal was over I went back to the hospital to see my dad. They have him stable now but it was a rough ride. He was shot in the abdomen which shattered his rib cage, tore his stomach, exploded his spleen, took out part of his liver, and damaged his diaphram muscle. THey removed his spleen in the surgery and sewed his stomach back, removed the damaged part of his liver, and repaired the rest of the damage as best they could. The doctors said at this point since he has made it this far he has a 98% chance of recovery. We still don't know for sure if he did it or if someone else did. He has been going through some rough times and has been acting kinda mean to everyone close to him lately but not suicidal. I also know he was a smart man and would know if you're gonna do it, the stomach would be a poor place to aim for. He was a squirrel hunter so maybe he was cleaning the gun or something. We won't know for sure until the investigation comes through or he comes to and tells everyone what happened. At this point we are taking it as it comes to us. Looks like the next few days will be spent running back and forth to the hospital and praying things will work out. On the way to the hospital tonight I decide to just give it all to God and accept that everything from my financial situation to my dad is in His hands. Everything is out of my control now. I'm just along for the ride.

6. whow thats terrible to hear..hope he recovers soon..all i will say then is i wish you would of had a happy birthday..stay strong and i know things will get better for ya...

7. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

Hey Tom, Happy Birthday! Todd

8. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

Mannnnnnnn, I was interested in the boat but hey don't really seem like as good time to do that. Hope it works out well with your father. Don't be to hard on him Deppresion is a really bad thing to have and unless you have been there I mean way down with no place to go it is very hard to understand. Sounds like he will heal and maybe with enough prayers he may be around long enough to get close. Sorry things arn't going well for you. We'll keep you in our prayers.