close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hansen's Bait Shop (Presque Isle)

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by wildbill, Feb 27, 2005.

1. Wanted to post about the quality customer service that this shop provided us. We were fishing Presque Isle and stopped at this bait shop..We bought several items and bait for the day..(good count on minnows) Some of the gear we bought failed during our outing. I called Jim Hansen the following day to explain the problem. He was very understanding of the problem and would stand behind any item that we had a problem with..and was very willing to do what ever it takes to make us happy!!We fished there again today, and he took care of us 100% and replaced our tackle.. Just wanted to take the time to commend him on his exceptional service..Thanks

2. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

Wildbill,
    How did you do at Presque this past weekend ? How was the ice ? I am headed that way 3-4. I wanted to target perch. Have'nt had much luck on the perch in the past couple of trips to Presque, but I had a blast with the gills and bass. Thanks.

Krustydawg

3. I'm glad you had better expieriences with Hansens than we did. I went in and bought some things and asked about the bite and what baits they were using. The guy said they were getting a few perch but didn't say where or anything else. I asked him a few more questions and never got a good answer. My brother and an other guy went in later and the same thing. No help at all. We went to, I think its called B+Cs and they were helpful and polite. Offered all kinds of advise.

4. Ice is in good shape, about 9" off lot 4...The shore ice is still dangerous with open water, thin, and shifting from the wind..You may want to bring a plank just to be safe..It's a little hard to get over the rocks and sand along the edge and the conditions change there daily...If your driving a long way, I would call the bait shop the day before..The fishing is about the same.