Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
respect our rivers please
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have acquired approx. 10 handguns of my recently passed father. I am looking to figure out what sort of gun safes might be out there to store handguns in. Any recommendations?

The wife is not to pleased to have any guns in the home, but she never grew up with them like I did. I also have a 1 year old son, so I am looking for something that will protect the guns, and anyone else from having the curious tendencies.

In reality they will not be used for home protection, but rather I will look at them from time to time and have memories of my father.

Thanks,

KSUFLASH.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,048 Posts
sentury, browning are a few off the top of my head. just make sure its a fire rated safe. i like the dial type combo locks better than the key pads. get the largest size you have room for.

·
Registered
3,699 Posts
Theres some on craigs list that would be good for hand guns only....now if you have any other long guns get a regular one(Tall) with shelves in it for your hand guns.;)

·
Registered
2,222 Posts
Sorry to hear about your Father passing. It is a tough thing to deal with. Hope you and your family are doing okay. Enjoy those memories.

Huntinbull

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
There r allot of safes out there!All most like buying a car when it comes to witch one do I get :confused: I ended up getting my last one at Dicks.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You can find a Stack-On from most sporting goods or online stores.

·
Registered
7,255 Posts
Sams Club has a nice Western (Winchester), perfect for aprox 10 long guns and 20+ handguns, digital w/ fireline for somewhere between $600-700. It's a very nice safe for the cost.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts