Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had planned on hitting the GMR earlier in the day, but somehow my wife & I ended up at a wine festival at the Vinoklet Winery. I’m not complaining; I had a great time there. I ate and drank my fill then I went to the GMR later. I started out right by the dam, not much was happening there so I moved downstream a little and caught a 17” saugeye and a 32” gar. Things got slow again until it started to get dark, then came up with two more saugeye and a decent channel cat. The saugeye were both 22”, I’m not sure but it almost looked like I caught the same one twice (?). After a while without any fish I started to leave but you know how that “one more cast” syndrome works. I worked my way back to the dam and caught two more 20 + inch saugeye. Everything was caught on a Cotton Cordell Super Spot.

·
Registered
986 Posts
Way to go man, I'm gonna have to tie that lure on some time, got one I never use.

I've caught a dozen or so saugeye this year but never one more than 12-14", always dinks lol.

·
She says I'm on one
908 Posts
The super spot is a great lure for that area. I love when one more cast syndrome pays off. Sounds like a great night out. Congrats

1 - 5 of 5 Posts