close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Hamilton Dam saugeye?

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Jan 21, 2005.

1. It looks like the river has dropped to a fishable level? Anyone fish the Hamilton dam for saugeye recently? I’m off Monday, and need to find somewhere to fish for something!

2. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I've only fished it once four years ago, when i needed a fix. I didn't expect to catch anything, but I managed three 'eyes while the other three guys there didn't catch anything. I was using a small floating rapala! not the best choice, but the fish ate it. Other guys were throwing the typical jig and twistertail. Good luck to you if ya go and report back on the results.

3. Hey Guys, just wondering where Hamilton Dam is at? I really have the fishing itch and would love to get out if my school schedule will allow me next week!

4. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

Hamilton Dam is a low head dam on the Great Miami River in Hamilton ohio. just type in hamilton ohio in a map and you will find it if you follow the river. Right across from Miami unv. hamilton branch

5. WINNER

WINNER I hate Cleveland.

A long way from A-town!

Winner

6. Fished the new dam from 12:00 to 2:00 without a bite. Fished a white twister tail until I got tired of the snags. Then, I drifted a spoon (I have caught them with spoons in the fall). The river is up, but not too muddy. Might try it again in the comming weeks (at dusk).

7. smalliehunter

smalliehunter "The Mighty Wing Man"

How about them Steelers????!!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: ;)

8. Love the Steelers! They just need a little more talent, and they will get over the hump to win it all!