close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

half way back to ice

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by bttmline, May 29, 2005.

1. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

ok we are almost half way back to ice, carl, start dancing

2. WOOHOO!!!!

We were catching gills yesterday as fast as we were at Presque Isle last year. It was a ball. Hopefully, we'll get a better freeze this year. I hope before Christmas!!!

3. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

all i can say right now is i hope its a DRY and cold winter. That snow really screwed things up as far as im concerned and those dang warm spells really tarnished/temporarily ruined the season. Im looking forward to this upcoming year because i dont have to spend a penny on anything, except bait and line and i would love to have an underwater camera. :eek:

i reiterate..... DRY DRY DRY DRY and cold winter....

nice to see some activity in my favorite forum. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. hardwaterfan

all the many, many HUGE fish caught this day were released. :p :D

Attached Files:

5. Is that a HEATER???? What's up with THAT??? LOL!

6. hardwaterfan

lol bucket sitter :p thats just there to keep the eyes from icing up! :rolleyes:

7. Hey hardwater I love ice fishing as much as anyone but lets not rush it to much, I still need the fall for my deer season then we can get all the ice we need.

8. I had lunch with a fellow hardwater fan last week and we both said the same thing....we are halfway there. I have kept this to myself, when its the 1st week in June and we are finally getting some good weather most people look at you funny or with outright hostility when you start talking about ice.

9. hardwaterfan

lol :D

when the ice comes, it comes.

and ill be ready. :)

just hopin for a dry winter for a change, i hate snow. :mad:

10. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

You guys know I had a blast ice fishing last year, but come on now, summer isn't even here yet and I haven't really got into fishing yet. :D at least let me have some warm weather fun before I dig out my winter gear again.

11. 1/2 way there
    started searchin for some deals on a new clam for this season today hopefully some preseason deals will still be out there
    wont be long now :D
    geowol

12. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Dang, I haven't even run my A/C in the house yet...maybe you guys ought to move closer to the Artic Circle ?? :D
    You don't like soft water ? :p

13. hardwaterfan

hey geowol, gander mountain had to jump through some hoops to get me a trap pro (which i love by the way)

better to let them know what you want early so you can get set up with what you need.

good thing i let them know what i wanted early last year, i had mine in november i think. if i would have waited much longer i wouldnt have been able to get one.

for some reason, although they are listed as the clam/trap dealer, they did not carry a few of each model, but did have about 10 each of maybe half the line-up.

trap pro was not one of them, they had to get one from one of their minnesota stores or something.

14. Thanks Hardwater
    I missed out on a sale at Thorne Bros. http://thornebros.com/
    They had their pro on clearance thought I would wait and missed out
    going to start stocking up now on those rattlin spoons for the slob perch on
    the isle
    ice on !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    geowol

15. Man it sounds like you guys have a blast up there. I didnt make it up last year but going to get up there for sure next winter! Hey George we'll get together and maybe ride up together and share the costs?

16. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

You guys are nutz!!!! summer all year this year!!!..LOL

17. Twister
    We can do that for sure
    I'm already counting the days
    6 months and a 4 hour drive :D :D :D

18. Sounds good George. I know my dad is wanting to get up there also, we are going to try to do a weekend trip so I'll keep in touch with ya.

19. hardwaterfan

geowol, is the clearance sale over? i dont see any clearance stuff offhand.