close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

hairy driving this morning

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lewzer, Mar 24, 2005.

1. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Dropped off the daughter this morning and was on my way to work. I was going about 42 in a 35 with a Jeep Liberty on my rear end. I usually don't pay attention to those people.
    As I crossed a bridge over I-77 I hear a loud bang-looked in the rearview mirror and the 2003 Liberty is doing 360's bouncing off the bridge railing 3 times before stopping.
    I stopped and turned around and the Liberty is full of smoke. Pulled the guy out of there thinking the car going up in flames.
    He was dazed but OK. The smoke was from the 2 front airbags going off.
    The bridge had a thin coating of ice.
    The guy had California plates so I asked if he was visiting. He said he grew up in the area and his wife just died. He was back in Green to bury her. The guy was in his mid-30's!
    The Liberty was his wife's. The title wasn't even transferred yet.

I kind of got an attitude adjustment this morning. When your pissed off and tired of your "boring" life just remember. It could always be worse.

I was going to remove my studded snow tires and take out the weight in the back of the truck this past weekend. Thanks goodness I didn't or that could have been me and the daughter doing 360's slamming into the bridge railing this morning.
    Today's my birthday. I realize so far I've had a great birthday...I made it to work in one piece.

2. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Happy birthday lewzer glad your ok and the other guy as well. And your right we do tend to take things for grantet.

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

That's definitely an eye opener. He's lucky that you were there to help him out. Thats a nice thing you did. That poor guy has a lot on his plate right now.

4. cw261

cw261 Member

Happy Birthday - and great story. We all need to stop and count our blessings once in a while!

5. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

Happy birthday. At least he wasn't seriously hurt and he hopefully has much of his life still ahead of him.

6. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I had several people comment at work about turning around and helping that guy out.
    I don't think that was a nice thing to do-it was the right thing to do.
    If that was me sitting in a truck full of smoke I would be hoping to God that someone would be there to help.
    I really believe that what goes around eventually comes around. I seen too many people get their just rewards to believe otherwise.
    I remember reading about other wrecks on our website-Jerry's being one that freaked me out-you were lucky! It does open your eyes to what might have been.
    Thanks for the BDay wishes. Mom's at home raising the dough for the homemade, fresh pizza for tonight. Who needs cake?

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

wow for sure! Happy birthday! :) Hope the rest of the day goes a little more safe than the first part :eek:

8. LiquidTension

LiquidTension mouse potato

hummmm.... i have a 2003 jeep liberty and i'm willing to bet money the guy still had on the stock goodyear sra tires. these tires are a joke on wet surfaces. unfortunatly i still have mine on. 21k miles on them and cant wait to replace them. ive had to 4x4 up a little hill to my driveway in 1.5-2 inches of snow. i cant believe DC went with these tires on a 4 wheel drive..... they are a joke :rolleyes: (not that any tires good on ice)

sad story though...glad he's ok....i guess i can count on my airbags then

9. Well said... I am right there with you and think the same... Last count I am way ahead of the game sounds like you are too ;)
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!! :D

Place your B-day in your usercp so we don't
    have to wait for you to tell us next year :p

10. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Thanks for doing the right thing and Happy Birthday!!! :D

11. Hey! Happy Birthday man!!!! Poor guy...talk about adding 'insult to injury'.