H20 Mellons new PB flathead!

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by dinkbuster1, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Welcome to the 30-lb club Bryan! (33 lb fish) [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Hey nice flathead mellon, well deserved

3. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Man, it feels good to finally break 30#. I've been paying my dues the last couple of years. I'm happy with this fish, but theres a "The One That Got Away" story from today, that will have me wondering for a very long time.

This was a GMR flathead caught between Indian Lake and Cincinnati. ;)

FYI: It also figures that I got it when I was alone. A big thanks goes out to Dinkbuster and his g/f Vickie for leaving the Reds game and coming to take a picture for me.

4. Great looking Cat!! Way to go Bryan. By the way when is the end of the year 30 pound club party!!:D Since i also joined the club this year! Do we get patches or anything?:p Great job!

5. H2O Mellon

Another thing..... out of all the "expensive" cat rods like customs flathead rods, Europen Black Tiger rods, St Croix, etc......along with all the Abu 7000's and "special" 6500's that I have I got my PB on the regular old Catfish Ugly stick and a standard old Abu 6000. :p Figures, huh? :)

6. :) Sounds right. I got mine on a medium light Lightning rod and 6 pound bass pro mono and a 1/8th ounce jig and twister. :eek: Pure Luck i got it in.

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Congrats buddy! Yea it figures, the biggest fish always come when you are alone...And It goes without saying that those white catfish rods are very good rods, same with the 6000! Agin glad you finally broke the 30-lb mark!..And agin no need to wory about using live bait for river fish!!!

8. Way to go Bryan, always a pleasure to see you up your PB, it just sucs I was working when i should have been there for you to take a picture of MY PB:p

Good job, I also was by myself when I took my PB last weekend so it must be bad carma to fish with a camera, or a fishing buddy.

Salmonid

9. H2O Mellon

You know me..... I had my camera. I also landed my biggest channel of the year too and not to mention more turtles than I have caught this year AND last year. (think about that..... more than the last two years COMBINED.)

[​IMG]

10. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Way to go Mellon!

I guess the catfish couldn't tell one rod from
    another at the bait end:D

I keep insisting that your equipment doesn't
    have to be expensive. It needs to be sturdy
    and well maintained. It helps a lot if the
    operator doesn't panic;)

11. H2O Mellon

It took me a few years to truley get that Robby. I can remember the 1st day I went cattin' on the Scioto. I showed up w/ twonew and shinny St Croix Classic Cats. Not a bad way to spend $325 but you know what..... honestly I like several $50 rods just as much if not more than those rods. I think if someone has an Abu 6000-7000 & rod that they are comfortable with, they can basicallly catch any cat in our waters.

12. Congrats on ur pb flat :)

13. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

or in the words of a former ogf/gfo member and flathead expert,welcome to the "LEVEL 3 club":D;)

congrats on a nice fish and PB,bryan:)

14. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

congrats on the new PB there Bryan.....hope you can break your PB again before cold weather sets in....

15. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

congrats on the very nice fish!

16. Congrats on the new PB Bryan, Nice Fish!

17. flathead

flathead flathead

Congrsts on the PB, its a beautiful flatty!

18. Congrats On breaking the 30lb mark and your new PB!!!:) I got my pb way back at the 1st of June...29 lbs. My last 5 trips out have produced 2 channels and 0 flatties. Ready to give up and start bowhunting. :(

19. Congrats Bryan, on your PB.
    What was the time of day, you said something about the Reds so I figure it was late afternoon?