H20 Mellon catches personal best flathead

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by flathunter, Oct 18, 2008.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Congrats to Bryan for breaking the 40 mark with a 41.8 lber...He also caught a 31-lber befor I got there to take the pic.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. judas priest!!!:eek: That thing is a monster. Good job man.

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

nice fish,bryan:B
    ya know it's good one when it looks big with you as a backdrop:D
    landing two like those in a short trip is an extra bonus.

4. NICE!! :B well, you have my PB beat. maybe i should fish with Jack more often:confused: i wanted to get out today but think my entire weekend is going to be spent doing "house work". BTW, bait used? deep? shallow?

5. Way to go man, thats a fantastic catch, and a great way to end up the flattie season!
    apparently the Mellon/Flathunter curse has be come the Mellon/salmonid curse.....

Salmonid

6. flathunter

Bait was fresh cut shad, water was fairly deep, but not the deepest....Cmae close to where night prowler caught his persoanl best.

7. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Very Nice Fish
    Congrats H20 Mellon on the :B
    Hope to see even bigger ones in your future! :B:B:B:B:B
    Jonny

8. :) Yeah! What he said! I can't wait for the day I catch on that size.

9. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Nice Fish!! Way to go!!!!

10. Congrats on your new PB!! A super flattie!!!!:B

11. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

The morning started off pretty well w/ me landing a 31.2# Flathead waiting for Flathunter to arrive, but an hour or so later it got a littler better when I was finally able to break the 40# mark. Both came from one of our "Old" spots that we rarely hit due to access issues, looks like we're going to have to hit it more often!

I feel like a big weight has been lifted off me, with breaking the 40# mark. I must say that the fight was amazing as I had to be careful because I was only using 20# line.

I had a great time fishign w/ Jack today. Work and home life has been so stressful over the last few months. Today made up for some of that!

12. Way to go Bryan!! Congrats!! That fish looks huge. Hopefully you will break your pb again soon!

13. flathunter

I have caught my fair share of nice flats this year.

Now it's my friends turn..Roger and Bryan have both landed there pb flatheads this year...And I am happy for them.

14. Capt.Muskey

Capt.Muskey Ohio Fishing Militia

AWESOME FISH Bryan !!!
    I'm sure it was a great fight, Nice Job!

15. pendog66

pendog66 It swims its bait

great job bryan. congrats:B

16. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

Daaaaaaaaaaang Thats A Brute...........congrats Mellon !!

17. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I knew Brian and Jack would eventually break down and go paylaking together.

Way to go Brian :)

18. Nice fish Bryan!!!! Congrats and hopefully many more :B :B :B :B :B will come in the future!!

19. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

Man I thought you were going Skipjack fishing!!!! Tad bit big for a Skipjack, nice fish there Brian