close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guntersville Al. 3/31 thru 4/5

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by fish4life, Apr 21, 2008.

1. Fished Guntersville for a week. Man what a lake, I caught my personal best a 9lb 1oz on a spinnerbait ater chatching a 7lber 5 minutes before that. this is my5 straight spring trip to the big G. Can't think of a better lake to fish in the spring. If you ever get a chance to fish Alabama, make sure to get to Guntersville.

Attached Files:

2. smallieguy

smallieguy Smallmouth Please

Holy Mackeral Andy.....lol
    Nice job Fish, you got em good for sure.

3. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

I was there the same week as you. I got a 5.75 as my biggest, a few 4 somethings and a bunch of 3's. I lost another bigger than my 5.75 when she jumped on the next cast. Got all mine dropshotting a brush hog.

Congrats on the 9.1 dude. Thats a fish of a lifetime.

This was my 2nd straight year at Big G. I'm still looking for my ten pounder. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Wow Nice Pigs there!

A Co-worker of mine went down there at the end of Marchand got a 8.5lber!!

I am definately going to hit Guntersville next year!

Very nice fish!

5. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

I like the pic of the twins. Did you keep them both for mounts? Which I have NO problem with if you did.

6. No, I release them both I got measurements for the 9lber and am having a fiberglass replica made. the look more real and last longer plus they let the fish live to grow even bigger.

7. Great LM there!
    I've only fished Guntersville once, last year, below the dam in the tail waters, caught my PB drum! ;) LOL
    Stripers weren't running yet, just about the same time of the year.
    Wouldn't have minded putting a couple bucket mouths in the boat like yours.
    Way to go.
    Jeff