Ohio Game Fishing banner

Gunsmith?

1K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  Bassin' Buckeye 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a good gunsmith in the Akron area? I am having firing pin problems with an old gun of mine? Thanks.

#5 ·
The gun is a 32 cal. hammerless revolver. It belonged to my grandfather. I would say it was made between 1930 to 1940. It was one of the first 32's made by Smith & Wesson.
Thanks for the info guys.

#8 ·
Seconding Buckeyeguy's dissatisfaction with the Belden Area Gander Mntns gunsmith. The guy they used to have a couple years ago was great, but this guy they have now is DEFINITELY not in the know OR personable. I bought a used gun (Verona Semi auto 12 ) there and when i got it home the bolt release/loading release had some issues. Wouldn't work after loading the chamber and one round in the magazine. Took it back and he spent nearly 2 minutes examining the magazine cutoff button, never looked at the bolt release ( opposite side of the reciever). I just asked him for the gun back and took it elsewhere.

Huntinbull

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.