Gun Week!

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by carterfish, Nov 26, 2007.

1. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Im hunting my friends property, west of Lima, and wondering what the hell happened? I know the weather was bad but, seems that the population went way down. Only saw 3 does all day, and 1 fox. Anyone else make it out?!%

2. Population isn't down at all. The archery harvest is up alot from last year. Its the weather that is keeping the deer bedded. It is supposed to clear up later this week. Those are going to be the days to go out.

3. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

out again this morning. saw a 6 point chasing 2 does @20 yds. out too dark, @6:50 A.M

4. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

Good luck and thank for the update. In my travels I have seen some nice deer taken in NW ohio, but your right the opener was brutal!

5. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Thursday:: Not suprised I saw nothing this morning from 6:30 thru 9:30 wind was KICKIN! 25 plus

6. I saw 3 nice does and a 6 point buck out on Bible Road in a field across from Ford today. I work on Neubrecht and saw them while I was passing. Not sure who owns that land, but it looks like there are some nice deer that way.

If it makes you feel any better, I was driving accross US 30 over by Bucyrus and I saw a group of 3 or 4 guys hunting a patch of trees about a mile long, and when I got past the trees I saw a nice buck and about 4 does in the cornfield next to it. The guys had no idea they were so close yet so far, it was pretty funny.

Good Luck out there, wish I could get the time off to get out there and be miserable with ya.Be safe.

7. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Thanks alot! I got her this morning! @150 dressed! 9:00 A.M

8. Congrats, way to be patient.

9. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Thanks alot! It was a great hunt. The track was the best part. I thought I only wounded her, by the way she was bleeding. Turns out it was a back lung shot from about 100 yds. I was feeling guilty about how small she was (I thought) she was. They are a little smaller that far out!

10. CONGRATS
    on the doe, should be good eating.
    As far as where all the deer are at, they all are at the OSU campus. Saw 11 all in 1 bunch one day, and 2 days later a friend of mine saw 17.
    They ain't stupid .

11. lol Buckeye Mike, that seems true i have seen a few nice bucks in the city, just where i cant get a good shot :)

12. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Thanks Mike. I got her quartered up, going to make her all into summer sausage. Its a good thing I shot her, otherwise there wouldnt be a lick of meat for anyone here. I was the only luck one.

13. Noticed on the Oh DNR web site that there was 463 deer killed in Allen county, 103,195 deer killed state wide down from last year, which was 111,672 state wide.

14. carterfish

carterfish FISH-ON

Weather had a big part of it. I think the number of hunters was way down also