close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gun Tactics

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by PoleSnatcher, Nov 18, 2004.

1. what is everyones tactics for gun week. just sit and wait for the deer to get running? or do you do something else?

2. All i do is sit and wait till everyone gets restless and starts pushing the deer around. i may take my climber stand and get as high as possible. i`ll be at woodbury this year and i have a tree picked out that i should be able to get about 35 ft up.sitting on the ground some times makes me nervous.

Good luck and stay safe this year,

Bub

3. I always hunt with alot of people (15to30), and we set up deer drives and push em out.

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Me and my buddies stand hunt until about 9am, then we meet with about a dozen other guys and drive the rest of the day.

5. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

I usualy fill my tags in Ohio with a bow so I never get a chance to hunt Ohio gun, but I do hunt PA for gun the first few days. My advice is to stay on stand all day, wait for the people who can only sit the first hour then they have to get up and walk, let them push the deer to you.

Be Safe and Have Fun

6. I'm gonna have Worminator and Jed drive the deer to me while I sit in my ground blind drinking a cappuchino...............LOL..................Rich

7. worminator

worminator I'll be bach

Hey Rich, can I walk threw the woods with that blind over my head??? I know, I'll put wheels on it. Kinda like a rolling blind, driving machine. I thought you and Jed could sit in one together. Hope you got good ventilation in that thing. I got bean soup on the menu for Sunday night..................LOL I plan on sitting for most of the day on Monday and then do a few little mini drives on Tuesday. Of course I won't be carrying my gun by Tuesday.

8. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

i stand hunt till i get a deer monday morning or all day last year i got down out of my climber about 10 am it was to windy and i felt unsafe their are 10-15 guys on the 50 acrs above me so they push the deer on us i hunt 50 with my buddy so we dont drive or anything like that we do have one area that we know the deer run around the hill when someone walks through the brush on the other side but that hasent worked out yet if you set up on the high trail they run low if you set up low they go high :rolleyes: .............jim

9. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I get to my stand before anyone is in the woods and I don't leave it until nobody is left in the woods.

10. stumpsitter

stumpsitter Regular Guy

I like to sneak in to a place where I know that deer like to bed EARLY the first morning. I've gotten a few undisturbed bucks that way. After that it's just sit tight and hope the impatient hunters move one to me. Later in the week I like to use other hunters to my advantage. I know the area that I hunt pretty well and if I see a hunter heading up a draw, or into a thicket, I know from past experience where the deer like to escape from those spots. I just hustle to those places and wait for what is sometimes an easy shot.