Ohio Game Fishing banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
11,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I trust that this information will not be deleted as I have removed any reference regarding names of Senators or political party reference.

Over the weekend, we came four votes away from the United States Senate giving our Constitutional rights over to the United Nations. In a 53-46 vote, the senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

The Statement of Purpose from the bill read:

To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S. , and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo.

Astonishingly, 46 of our United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.

We have been betrayed by the 46 senators that voted to give your rights
to the U.N.

A list is available via PM if anyone would like a copy.

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
I trust that this information will not be deleted as I have removed any reference regarding names of Senators or political party reference.

Over the weekend, we came four votes away from the United States Senate giving our Constitutional rights over to the United Nations. In a 53-46 vote, the senate narrowly passed a measure that will stop the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

To uphold Second Amendment rights and prevent the United States from entering into the United Nations Arms Trade Treaty.

The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S. , and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo.

Astonishingly, 46 of our United States Senators were willing to give away our Constitutional rights to a foreign power.

We have been betrayed by the 46 senators that voted to give your rights
to the U.N.

A list is available via PM if anyone would like a copy.
Can you provide a link to a July 2013 vote or is this a rehash from April ? Since I couldn't find a recent vote I think it must have been top secret....

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
And he scare tactics continue.

The Arms Trade Treaty has nothing to do with restricting the legal sale or ownership of guns within the United States. The aim of the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty is to combat the illicit international trade of arms by "tightening regulation of, and setting international standards for, the import, export and transfer of conventional weapons" in order to "close gaps in existing regional and national arms export control systems that allow weapons to pass onto the illicit market." The text of the proposed treaty specifically "reaffirms the sovereign right and responsibility of any State to regulate and control transfers of conventional arms that take place exclusively within its territory, pursuant to its own legal or constitutional systems," so even if such a treaty came to pass, U.S. rights and laws regarding the sale and ownership of small arms would still apply within the United States. The treaty also contains no provisions for its enforcement and relies upon the voluntary participation of member nations.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp#mzYvvgHHPbIxzDC6.99

·
Bud n Burgers
2,558 Posts
I believe that this treaty complicates the trade of all small arms and ammunition, and that is it's intent. It would affect all arms, including fine shotguns from Germany, Japan, the U.K., etc., assault rifle imports from Russia, Germany, Israel, Hungary, etc., as well as surplus ammo from all over the world that importers legally currently bring in and distribute to dealers, collectors, and shooters alike throughout the US. I have not read the bill, and neither have any of you, but I tend to believe what the folks that are looking out for my Constitutional rights are saying about this treaty over those that are always trying to find ways to take them away. You can believe who ever you want.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts

The Arms Trade Treaty has nothing to do with restricting the legal sale or ownership of guns within the United States. The aim of the U.N. Arms Trade Treaty is to combat the illicit international trade of arms by "tightening regulation of, and setting international standards for, the import, export and transfer of conventional weapons" in order to "close gaps in existing regional and national arms export control systems that allow weapons to pass onto the illicit market." The text of the proposed treaty specifically "reaffirms the sovereign right and responsibility of any State to regulate and control transfers of conventional arms that take place exclusively within its territory, pursuant to its own legal or constitutional systems," so even if such a treaty came to pass, U.S. rights and laws regarding the sale and ownership of small arms would still apply within the United States. The treaty also contains no provisions for its enforcement and relies upon the voluntary participation of member nations.

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/untreaty.asp#mzYvvgHHPbIxzDC6.99
Sounds like the governments of the world want to A) monopolize the international sales of guns for their dirty selves and B) keep guns out of the hands of the people they stomp on so they can't rise up and stand against them.

I wonder if the U.S. would send itself to jail over Fast & Furious? Funny thought. Why do governments think they are always right when in fact they're always in the wrong?

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,081 Posts

I don't care what your link reads, the UN is garbage and has no right in my country.

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
I don't care what your link reads, the UN is garbage and has no right in my country.
It was actually Nets link but ok. I just read it and reposted part of it. If you WERE to read it, you would have also read:

Updated An item circulated in April 2013 claimed to identify "46 senators that voted to give your rights to the U.N." in reference to a Senate vote on the U.S. Arms Trade Treaty: WHAT A MESS

The U.N. Small Arms Treaty, which has been championed by the Obama Administration, would have effectively placed a global ban on the import and export of small firearms. The ban would have affected all private gun owners in the U.S., and had language that would have implemented an international gun registry on all private guns and ammo.

Here are the 46 senators that voted to give your rights to the U.N. "

However, the measure voted upon was not the treaty itself, but a non-binding test amendment expressing opposition to the ATT which was tacked onto an unrelated congressional budget resolution. The record of the U.S. Senate Roll Call Vote confirms that all the senators who voted against the amendment were Democrats or independents
Lol. Whatever. I'm just tired of all the fear mongering. You guys have everyone whipped up into such a froth I can't even afford to go shoot my guns. Congratulations.

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Lol. Whatever. I'm just tired of all the fear mongering. You guys have everyone whipped up into such a froth I can't even afford to go shoot my guns. Congratulations.
Way to go Ezbite! You screwed up everything. It's all your fault! Can I borrow some bullets? I can't afford any myself since you whipped everyone into such a froth.

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,081 Posts
Way to go Ezbite! You screwed up everything. It's all your fault! Can I borrow some bullets? I can't afford any myself since you whipped everyone into such a froth.
NO... I'm hoarding all I find, even if I don't own that caliber gun. Call it my little nest egg :p

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
It included import bans, tracking, and registration of firearms and ammuntion. That is the short list of it's possible implications, it was pretty scary to think about. I don't believe that anyone on this site has led to your current problems. All firearm owners need to stick together.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
It included import bans, tracking, and registration of firearms and ammuntion. That is the short list of it's possible implications, it was pretty scary to think about. I don't believe that anyone on this site has led to your current problems. All firearm owners need to stick together.
If you don't believe in the divine benevolence of the gov't or that everything that they do is pure and true of heart, then you are automatically labelled a fearmonger who is spreading terrible lies. It's funny what names you can be called for not believing the official propaganda.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.