gumbal is a moron

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by ezbite, Dec 30, 2007.

1. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

i got to see parts of the NE vs NYG game at work tonight. everytime i would get a chance to watch, i had to listen to dumbazz bryant gumbal talk. i would think "who gave this idiot a mike?" i couldn't stand this idiot when he was on the today show, he for sure is not a sportscaster. anyhow. pats did it. 16-0. im not a pats fan, but it is an accomplishment to go undefeated, especially with free agency. i really hope gumby doesnt start doing football, because im done watching NBC if he is. some people hate dick goddard, i hate bryant gumbal or gumby whatever it is, at least listening to him. ok, im done:p

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Yeah, he's not a football announcer. I think he only does the NFL Network games, and the NFL Network broadcasters we're on all 3 simulcasts tonight. He was constantly chiming in with stupid comments.

3. OMG! I have the NFL network, Collinsworth is bad and Gumball is horrible! They have done the NFL network games all year. I usually mute the tv and watch.

4. dip

dip dip

i agree heartily that gum ball is a maroon! i'm proud to be a LIFETIME patriot fan so gum ball and collinsworthless didn't ruin it for me. 16-0 !

5. I have the NFL Network too...that combo is the absolute worst. I'm not a fan of Madden and Michaels either but I would take them any day of the week over Collinsworth and Gumbel.

6. yeah they both did a pretty bad job..bring in Bernie!!!! ;) congrads to the pats i was hopin they'd get this!!!

7. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

Come on, you fellas can't be serious...! Why stop at the NFL network crew? :confused: I can't think of one talking head that really brings anything to any sports programming. The ESPN folks are so bad I just don't watch Sportscenter anymore. That Kornholehiser (sp):D fellow irritates the heck out of me. I didn't care for P.T.I. and what does ESPN do...they make it part of MNF half time...! :(
    What really gripes me is when they second guess a coach's on field decsion as if they have coaching experience.
    Give me Cosell, Summerall and the big Texan any day...! :D

BTW...It's all Packer and Vitale's fault...! :eek: :D

8. Kornheiser isn't great on MNF but I love him and Wilbon together on PTI.
    I think Mike Tirico is the best play by play guy in the business regardless of what sport he's calling and I don't even think it's close. And how can you hate on the Sports Center guys??? Scott Van Pelt is hilarious!

9. Hook N Book

Most of that is tonque-in-cheek...no hate here...! ;)

I'll give you, Tirico, as he does stay on point and doesn't try to overwhelm you with what he doesn't know...! :D
    As for Van Pelt, yes, he brings a different perspective and I do still enjoy, Berman when and if I watch.

10. dip

dip dip

oh yeah the boys on PTI are PTPers BABY!

11. Hook N Book

...:D...:D

12. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Get rid of Diedorff. He's a steeler hater 100%

13. Diedorff is an absolute CLOWN!!!!!

14. Hook N Book

Not being a hater...but what's wrong with that...??? :D

15. fishingguy

fishingguy The Inferior Fisherman

I can't stomach kornhieser!! Absolute biggest ahole, non no it all. Can't believe espn keeps jerks like that on the payroll.

16. I might as well give my opinion:

• I like Madden and Michaels, they are the best on TV just like Faith Hill says;
    • I like Theisman as a commentator, although at first I hated him;
    • Aikman and Buck do a decent job;
    • I like Chris Collinsworth as an analyst, not sold on him as a play-by-play, but as an analyst at least he has the guts to say things that are controversial (even if he's not right).
    • Dierdorf is OK. A lot of people think he is a Cleveland basher too (even though he played for Cleveland). The guy has a lot of knowledge and is a decent announcer.
    • Saturday night was the first I heard of Gumball as an announcer. He used the term "stoned" (to mean stopped?)50 times in the first half. I wasn't too impressed.
    • I don't get ESPN, but the few times I've watched Monday Night Football this year, I wished Kornholer would just be quiet.
    • not football...but, Tom Hamilton is God. OK, maybe not God, but he is a great announcer.

17. Commodore, Diedorf never played for the Browns. Also nice Dio avatar!

18. My bad. I looked it up, he didn't play for the Browns, but he was born in Ohio. He was born in Canton, Ohio. My brain wires must have got crossed.