close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gulp 3 1/2 Inch Minnow

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by LFN, Aug 24, 2004.

1. LFN

LFN

I tried the free sample offered by Berkely. The first one I tried was the chart. minnow. This was in my pond. Could not keep the bass off. I bought 2 packs of 15. The amazing thing is that if I miss a hit the bass comes right back and hits the lure again!
    Lou

2. I was throwing an orange minnow in griggs most of the summer. The largemouth liked it. That ended up being my go to bait. I wasn't sure about all the hype but gulp is the only plastic I throw now.

3. The stuff definately works. Trolled crawler harnesses on Erie with a gulp worm. Kept the junk fish off & caught some nice eyes. I have also been using the gulp wax worm imitation which works great on the crappie & gills.

4. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Whats the best way to fish plastics? Do i rig em' with a jig head, or worm hook or what... I'v never fished with them before but would love to..
    Bought some with the intention of doing so, but havent got around to it yet... i feel i'm missing out here man...

5. irishfisherman, I was using the orange minnow with a largeish orange and black jighead most of this season and have had more than my share of bass and saugeye smacking the bait. I occassionally rig a swimming worm but I love throwing the jigs.

6. JBJ

JBJ

I'm glad to hear somebody is using the stuff. Come on in to the store and buy it up. We haven't been moving much GULP and there are pegs FULL of it.

7. irishfisherman

irishfisherman Da' Irish Guy

Hey JB how much they selling for down there with ya ?

8. JBJ

JBJ

Gulp is $4.99 a bag at Galyans and I believe there is still a mail in rebate for $5 when you buy 2 bags.

9. i just got mine in the mail, 4 difffrent worms for free not a bad deal.