close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Gulf of Mexico Clearwater Florida Fishing Trip

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by JV1, Aug 27, 2004.

1. JV1

JV1

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  2. Nice Going Jv..looks Like Everyone Had A Great Time.... :)

3. Hey JV, you say that it was pier 60? I fished off a pier near Clearwater back in the mid 70's that was the longest(at the time) pier in Florida. So I was told. I thought it was Indian beach pier or something like that. I saw lots of tarpon, snook, pompano, jacks, red drum, lady fish ect. caught while I fished there. I didn't catch any big ones, but I would like to go back and try it again sometime. They do pull harder than freshwater fish. That's why my number one fish is a striper.

4. catking

catking Banned

That's always a blast JV1. I fished the pier down in Panamal City last year. There were alot of big sharks caught at night. Some 7 footers. Yea, lets go swimming honey :rolleyes: :rolleyes: .Thanks for the report !! THE CATKING

5. JV1

JV1

I bet you could hoist up them 7 footers for a picture like you do those extra large catfish

6. I fished the ocean for the first time this last May when my family and I were in Ft.Myers(about 2hrs South of where you were) I fished off the pier on Ft.Myers Beach and caught a Hammerhead about 24" long...I was very surprised...but the locals that were on the pier fishing with me said that it was common to catch sharks off the pier...didnt catch anything else that day...but I kept plenty busy feeding the crabs...those little guys are A#1 experts when it comes to stealing shrimp...so were the sneaky pelicans for that matter.