close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guilford?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by MikeD, Jun 3, 2007.

1. MikeD

MikeD Member

I'm planning on camping at Guilford next weekend. Does anyone have any reports to share?

2. Channel Cats, and lots of them.

3. Was down there Fri eve.got a 27" channel under a bobber set for 4 ft.Using dead minnow:D

4. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

Fished till 4:00 am Sunday.
    Lots of chanel cats and a couple mud cats.running 16-18 "

5. MikeD

MikeD Member

Any bass or crappie?

6. viper1

viper1 Senior Member

Didn't get any at night but the lake does have plenty of them. Have to catch quite a few crappie to get any with size but there is slabs there. Plenty of bass and some huge ones.

7. How would you get to Guilford from Canton? My Dad has said he used to fish there a lot when he was younger, but I've never been there and would love to go out and catch some cats and whatever else.

Also, is there any good shore fishing available, b/c thats what I'd be doing.

8. NUM1FIRE

NUM1FIRE FIREFIGHTER/1ST RESPONDER

depends where u are in canton. the best way i can tell u to is take 30 east from canton till u get into east canton and take 172 east and it will run u start to guilford lake. u will go thru paris then new franklin with a red light then thru moultrie and then thru new chambersburg and then thru new alexander with a blinking light and then into new garden to a stop light and then straight thru to guilford lake

9. Walleye 3

Walleye 3 Mongo

If you are fishing from a boat try the docks, cattails, and the rip rap along the dam for bass. I flip watermelon pepper tubes rigged Texas style and white spinner baits with gold blades. There are a lot of bass in this lake and you do have a great chance at getting a fish 5+ pounds there. There is also a fallen tree in the bay straight across the lake from the bay that the camp ground is located in. It is the bay that is just to the left of the launch ramp on that side. It is usually good for one or two really nice fish and also the dock that is just to the left of that launch on that side of the lake is also a big bass holding spot. As for crappie, try fishing the Christmas trees that the state put in by the state park office or the trees that they put in this year off the fishing pier and up in the upper end of the lake. I have always gotten bigger crappie on red/white, and blue/white tubes. As it has been said, there are a lot of small crappie but there are also a good mix of 10 to 12 inchers. Once you find them and the bite stops move and find more. I have always caught them in small groups and once they shut down it is time to find a new spot. Good luck.

10. Where are some good areas to shore fish from for catfish, crappie and bass? I don't have a boat so I'd be doing all my fishing from shore. Me and a buddy are looking to head out there this week or maybe next.

Thanks for all the advice so far.