Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heading to Guilford for a few days to fish from a boat. Have never been there but see that it has bass, panfish, cats and hybrids. Any perch worth chasing available? Looking for a few ideas for where to start. I assume shad-type lures/twisters for hybrids. Not looking to fill a cooler, just a few small dinners while there and C&R the rest.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I know some of the crappies in there are ok sized, the hybrids are fun to catch. I fish it a few times a year for bass, if it is sunny out focus on the boat docks, dark senko skipped up under them. I have heard a squarebill and small topwater popper works also. There are some good sized bass in there.

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a few locals say they wouldn’t eat anything from this lake. Would like to try a wiper or some panfish. Is this BS or good advice?

Can’t figure out a pattern for the wipers yet. Tried all over the lake with only limited success trolling.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Had a few locals say they wouldn’t eat anything from this lake. Would like to try a wiper or some panfish. Is this BS or good advice?

Can’t figure out a pattern for the wipers yet. Tried all over the lake with only limited success trolling.
Don't know anything about water pollution problems in there to cause them to say that but I don't know everything about it. Can't help you with the pattern on the wipers either sorry. How was the water level when you were there? Still normal or are they lowering it yet?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts