close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Guilford lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by basscatcher23, May 19, 2004.

1. Has anyone fished guilford lake lately. If so what kind of fish were you catching.

2. Although, I've not fished Guilford lately, we used to catch crappies near the dam. Carp fishing was good from the shore west of the beach. A few bass along the shoreline between Whinnery's and Mark's Landing. A few beers at Mark's when things were slow. :p

3. I heard a kid caught a 9 lb. bass that was 17" long last spring.
    I saw the picture. WOW ;) :eek: :D
    Caught it off the dam almost exactly a year ago.
    MEMORIES

4. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Yeah...I think that was a lake record, or something! ;)

It was almost as fat as it was long, you just couldn't tell by the poor photography!!

5. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

i think we scared that kid for life lol

6. Somebody should have saved that picture so it could be posted anytime Gulford was brought up! I still crack up about that pic.

7. catking

catking Banned

I wished that guy would log on to this site. He's kinda a celebrity now :) If he could take the ribbin for what it was, he would fit right in. CATKING

8. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Yeah, poor kid. Everybody just kinda piled on him, a few stood up for him...kinda! He just wouldn't let it go.

To breifly bring everyone up to speed. This 15-17 yo kid caught his biggest bass ever, which was OBVIOUSLY about 3 lbs and 17-18 inches, swore up and down that it was a 9 pounder. He said his scale was right, he had witnesses, and wanted to know if it was a lake record. He was just excited to catch a nice fish. But to come on to a fishing site, filled with hundreds of vets, and show a picture of a "9 pounder" that was obviously much smaller, was hilarious!!

He wouldn't give up. He stuck to his guns. I bet he still tells everyone that he caught a 9 lber. He was put through the wringer by everyone. He was even called the "baby shaq" amongst other things (cause he was so illusionally big that he made 9 lbers look like guppies in his hand)!! Everyone has exaggerated sometime in their history, just don't do it with photographic proof in front of hundreds of people that know better!

Fun memories....