Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i'm finding that the small ponds I fish, that grubs are working right now. If the water is murkey, would it better to go out and buy white grubs or should i stick to pumpkin seed? Both apparently work, but i want the best results possible. Any advice?

·
Registered
340 Posts
I've Been Experimenting With Them For The Past Few Years, I'm Assuming You Are Talking Bass Fishing. I Hav'nt Had Much Luck With Them. You Hear And Watch The Shows, Like In Fisherman, Those Guys Seem To Tear Up The Fish With Them. Take Alum Creek For Example, With The Good Smallie Population, You Would Think You Could Catch Fish On Them. Maybe Someone That Has Good Experiances With Them Could Share Some Good Local Advice. Good Question Srcasticman.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes sir,
Bass fishing, further more, small pond fishing. As small as a neighborhood pond and even farm ponds. The fish have responded very well to the grubs. Just wondering what color would be best for the conditions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I slayed them last weekend with purple/blue-flake power worms texas-rigged but didn't have any luck with white grubs. I like to take a few colors and experiment until I find something that works. I think conditions will dictate what works best on any given day...water temp, sunshine, etc.

BTW...I've only ever used pumpkin color stuff on stream smallies to simulate crawfish. I'll have to try these on LMs next time!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts