Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
543 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told the other day that groundhog liver is great cat fish bait. I was wondering if anyone has ever tried it and is it illegal to use?

·
Registered
2,259 Posts
I have used it alot over the years and it have proven to be a great bait for channels and flatheads both...More channels than flatheads but it will catch flatheads too...I have never heard anything about it being illegal...I learned to use it from my great grand dad...

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Hell, there's alot of around, been seeing them all over on the side of the road, they started playing in traffic & loosing, Get a fresh one thats not baked for too long & Bam solution complete?

At least then ya know & have the satisfaction that they are not all going to waste away,;)
Nik

·
Registered
266 Posts
I have used groundhog liver for many years. It is great for channel cats. It also stays on the hook pretty well. Another great bait is snapping turtle liver.

·
Registered
6,933 Posts
wouldent it work just like chicken liver.?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
I'm a city boy and just started reading/learning about fishin for cats. Ya got me laughin like hell.......I won't be so fast to drive past road kill any more.....especially when I am heading for the lake!

We learn stuff in life. If we are lucky, we keep learning. Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts