Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm always working to improve my ground game for late season hunting using a crossbow. Just curious if anyone on this forum uses leafy camo netting for concealment while hunting from the ground. My thinking is to focus on travel corridors from bedding to food, set up in thick cover with blowdowns. Use the netting more as a covering to break up my outline instead of using it to blind in an area. Sort of like what snipers do, haha! What's your experience with this and what to look out for? Thanks!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
I did some ground hunting earlier in fall just sitting against a tree wearing a leafy wear jacket and deer paid me no mind . Just make sure your sitting against a bigger tree and if you can have some back cover it'll help too .

·
Registered
2,413 Posts
I used to hunt on the ground all the time, but with ticks being as bad as they are now I wouldn't think about it. Maybe they are just bad in the area I hunt. I never in 20 years of hunting on the ground even saw 1 tick. Now I can't hardly ever walk in or around the woods without finding one on my pants. Hate those things. That is just me though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts