close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ground Blind Vs. Tree stand

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by DZimmer_1, Oct 10, 2005.

1. What do you use? I just bought my second Doghouse blind and I must say I love ground blinds. Sure , treestands work great as well but I hunt alot of field situations that don't allow treestand placement as the majority of trees are simply sapplings. It also helps that in the dead of winter I can climb in after a long hike and take off my jacket :D It is great to get out of those windchills

2. Over the weekend I found an area that opened up from the woods into the 1/2 field 1/2 cornfield. I found a natural area there that worked as a blind. Friday and Saturday night right before dark I saw deer close by. On Sunday I moved my hangon stand and ladder to the same area. I've since hunted this area Sunday night and last night and not seen the deer out of my stand.

I prefer a stand since I'm such a bad shot :p and will need to look for my arrows after the missed shot! lol Hunting from the ground I'm a lot less likely to find my arrow even though I've found 2 out of 3 arrows I shot Friday/Saturday while on the ground.

Saturday I was SO cold, shivering like mad. I don't have a waterproof camo outfit yet.

3. I have a heavy duty insulated breathable waterproof suit if you are interested. Like new. $75.

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

like they say.... its lonely at the top but the eatin's good!