Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grip Style Name???

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Reel Lady, Mar 17, 2005.

  1. Reel Lady

    Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

    Can anyone please tell me what the name is for this type of grip style? I goofed when I labeled the picture. The grip is actually black foam.
    Thanks so much :)
  2. CountryKat

    CountryKat Fish On!!!

    It's most likely a pistol grip style, unless they come up with a new name for it.

  3. I think it's called getta-a grip!!!!!!!!!!! Lol I am so funny :D
  4. Reel Lady

    Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

    Gary Klein used a rod that had this grip during one of his lectures at BassMasters University. During break, I went and picked it up and just loved the way it felt in my hand. I asked gary what style it was, and he referred to it as a "Split Grip". I searched the internet and couldnt find anything that even resembles what I saw.
  5. They call it a split grip like you said. It is a custom made rod that is getting more popular. They do that to reduce the weight. Gary also uses a split grip rod with a revolver style guides. Instead of the guides all in one line they actually "revolve" around the rod. Always something new.
  6. Ohiobassman54

    Ohiobassman54 ohiobassman54

    Hi I dont know what its called but i had one the rod was made by Daiwa.The rod was called a Daiwa Eliminator.I got it from BPS along time ago in a combo.Sold the rod last year in a yard sale.Maybe check with Daiwa but I havent seen new ones in years.Hope this helps Don
  7. Yep, it i called a split grip. I think Klein's rods were made by Rich Forhan. You can order them from . They have split handles, and like someone else mentioned, Rich's rods have "revolver guides".

    Shimano also makes a split-grip rod that I've seen. It's called the Shimano Crucial. The drop-shot and flipping models have the split-handle. I think those run about $150.

  8. Reel Lady

    Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

    I goofed when I labeled that picture of mine. The grip is actually black foam, not cork...OOOPS! :)
    Also, still cant locate these rods on the net. You see, the grip was thick, and fit perfectly in my hand, and had little indents for my fingers.
  9. Reel Man

    Reel Man Member

    I had no idea the little lady was so talented. I wish I could draw like that :D
  10. I am almost 100% positive that Klein's rods are made by Rich Forhan or a company associated with Forhan(99.999 percent certainty). Probably not going to find them on the net. Why not contact Rich and see if he made them for Gary and could make a similar rod for you ( Klein and Rich are friends, Klein has always used Forhan's flipping rods in the past and he was the one that told me about Rich Forhan's rods.