close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Grill question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crooked stripe, Jun 3, 2007.

1. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

I have a 2 year old Char-Broil that is giving me fits. When you first turn on the gas then lite the grill the flame on the first burner is real low. The other 2 burners will not lite. If you turn off the burner then turn off the gas and releave the pressure in the line it fires right up. I have cleaned out the lines and made sure there no spider webs in the gas outlets. Anyone have any Ideas what might be causing this? The problem started this winter when grilling in the cold so I just figured the problem had something to do with the tempatures. I was thinking it might be a faulty pressure regulator. Please toss in your ideas. John

2. I had a similar problem with mine. It ended up being that regulator they put in the new tanks now. All I did was pick it up a little and smack it on the ground. It must of been stuck. Not sure if thats your problem but it might help.

3. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

on the new regulators ,you have to turn them on slowly or else they restrict the flow. try to ease the valve open. this might help.

4. tomb

tomb Tom B.

When mine does that I disconnect the tank, shake it a little, and put it back on. My friends thought I was nuts until they saw it work.

5. I have a weber and it has a specfic shutdown process or you will have to reset the regulator! First of all, turn everything off including the tank valve, then remove the reg.from the tank, then turn on all burners to let the gas clear (5 min) then turn burners to the off position. Re-attach the reg hose.and with the burners in the off position turn the gas on, then set your 1 burner to the fire and light--then turn on the rear burner..Hope this work for ya!!! To shut down just turn gas off at the tank,then make sure the burners are turned off

6. Something I have to do with mine (new style tanks).

Make sure the burners are turned off, turn on the tank valve, then turn on the burners and light it.

If I have the burners on and open the tank valve - it "thinks" there is a leak and restricts the tank.

Only took me 3 years of $^$#%&(( to figure it out.

7. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

push it out to the curb and get some charcoal:D

thats what i did because i got tired of messing with it.

8. crooked stripe

crooked stripe fishn and flyn

It is no big deal to cope with. Just wish they made things work like they should. There are just to many safety folks trying to protect me from myself.

9. When you are done cooking, leave the burners on, and shut off the tank. The remaining gas will burn off and clear the lines (in seconds).......you'll hear a mild puff or pop signaling the end of the gas flow. After the burners are out, turn off each burner.

Next time to start, turn tank on with burner controls on off. Give it 30-45 seconds to fill lines. Then open a valve and light that burner. Then turn on other burners and they will ignite.

I had problem in past. This works for me. Good luck.

10. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

aint that the truth:)