close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griigs 11/9

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by redone29, Nov 10, 2004.

1. Fished Griggs spillway last night from 9:30 to 11:30. Managed to get only one saugeye, 22", but it was plump. Got it on a rogue. Caught it in the first fifteen minutes I was there. After that nothing. Went the night before and lost one by the rocks. The water level had dropped from one night to the next. Plan on going back tomorrow night.

2. Sorry I posted this in the Carp Discussion.

3. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Did you see anyone else down there? Apparently someone left a cooler STUFFED with s-eye down there within the last few days...seemed real strange. Good luck with the eye's...The water is going down fast and I have had some trouble locating them when the water drops below a certain point. I saw them hitting tonight but only managed a 16". I try to get down there every day. usually around 3-6. Good luck

4. we seen the cooler saturday and called odnr. we figured someone forgot to load it so checked it out. we were pretty discouraged to see 20 plus eyes in it

5. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Yeah I saw Ed down there the yesterday and he told me about the cooler...I guess someone just forgot to load it before leaving? Seems a little strange you catch ALL those eye's only to forget to load them in the back of the truck. I was thinking maybe a odnr official busted someone and made them leave it there..But that doesn't add up either.

6. To me they looked like there wa just carcus there. We opened it, fowlest thing ive smelled since the gas cyhambers in camp. I was gagging for half an hour. Hope you guys get on some fish down there, im retired for the year :mad: :mad:

7. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Yeah I was wondering if someone had filleted them there....And im also wondering how they caught them....Someone with a gill net could cause a lot of damage down there....When the water is at a certain level there usually are a lot of fish in a confined area. However I’ve been down there and caught 14+ in an hour..so I guess its possible someone could have legally caught them...But what is the bag limit now?....last time I checked it was 5. Sorry to hear about your back tahoe....I couldn't figure out for the life of me why you were done for the year....Then Ed told me about your back...Have you always had back problems or did you develop them? I’m starting to have some problems after hiking and fishing w/waders on....Hope you can make it down there agian in the spring.