close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs ?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by esoxhunter, Mar 17, 2005.

1. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

How's the spillway looking at Griggs ? I need to get out

2. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Was down there yesterday, didn't catch anything but snagged into 4 or 5 different black horse suckers, (which are an EXTREMELY good water quality indicator) Water level is really low, but fairly clear. Griggs along with the rest of the scioto got pummeled by the flood, there's probably going to be alot of people going "hey where did my hole go?"...Its also going to be interesting to see how the Saugeye fishing is from this year on....most of them eye's could be in the Ohio right now...lol.

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

thanks for the update. Might have to go lose a couple lures :)

4. What do black horse suckers look like? I have seen the red horse but not sure about black horse. I know there are lots of different types of suckers so I may have seen or caught one before and didnt realize it.

5. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

sorry I mean't "black redhorse" not black horse...lol. They look very similar to golden redhorse suckers, however they are more streamlined...they look more like a torpedo than a football. Also there bottom lip is straight (when the mouth is closed) as opposed to a curved bottom lip of a golden redhorse.

6. I didnt even know there were different types of redhorse suckers! I tried to find some info on suckers but didnt find much. I know there are a lot of different ones and then they all have several different names so it makes is hard to find good info. I did find one site and it had i think 14 different suckers listed on there.