close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs??

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FishJunky, Jul 18, 2004.

1. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Fishing Griggs on Sat. the 24th. Any hot bass spots anyone want to give up?? Never been there before and looking for any info you can give me.

2. Go north and pass 2 bridges, keep going till you pass the Island. Lost of struture up there. Just be careful, gets shallow the more you go up. Good luck

3. Go when it's either A) raining, or B) on a weekday and avoid the skiers. Either that or stay south of the first bridge or way up north where they don't or can't run. Spent most of the day Sunday adjusting to their wake. Several came within 15 yards of my boat, and that wasn't counting the skier!!!! Isn't anyboady watching these fools? Or should I just chunk a lipless at them? I wouldn't think of speeding within 15-20 yards of a downed skier. Why is it that we pay a boat license fee and a fishing fee, and they only pay a boat license fee? Are we paying for there pasttime, and their discourtesy?

I'd give you a hot bass spot but I blanked in my club tourney there yesterday. Only one short smallie caught just north of Home Rd. bridge on the west side where a nice creek spills in. I missed a couple early on a spinnerbait on the east side up north, but I was too busy talking. And I missed a keeper north of Fishinger road on the west side trying to get my partner's lure back. Blue senko rigged weightless of course. Pitched it under some overhanging branches. Hope this little bit helps. Waters a little up since the rain on Saturday, but not much I'd say. Stained as usual. And there was a lot of debris floating up north.

Eric

4. FishJunky

FishJunky AEP Tuber Association

Thanks for the info. I think :D

5. I was fresh off the water the other day when I wrote that post. I was probably more than a little pissed off at the time. I apologize.

Griggs seems like a great lake. But the middle section from Fishinger to Hayden Runb bridge is wall to wall pleasure boats(at least on nice days). And it seems that even though the Columbus Police Marine headquarters are right there, they don't patrol the water very much. Drive up and down the park roads, yes. But I haven't seen the patrol boat out this year at all.

Normal stuff works there. Alot of overhanging limbs on the east side, alot of docks on the west side. Spinnerbaits, jigs, plastics, and cranks are good there. My favorite color crank at Griggs is a chartreuse and white variety from Bandit. You'll get into some panfish with it for sure but the bass seem to love it too. Must of my fish come off the laydowns, but I'm very much a visual structure fisherman.

Eric

6. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

The Police do patrol the river. They have been cut to three men at Griggs. If you ever have a problem with a boater, get the OH # and make sure you tell the police about it. If nothing else give it to Garry or me. We know the cops really well there.They will do stuff for us that they won't do for everyone. A few more week and the nuts will be back in school, after Sept. 1st. or so the traffic slacks quit a bit on weekdays.