close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs Yesterday

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jaredj, Aug 9, 2004.

1. Fishing has been very slow for me. Went out yesterday with my wife and hooked a HUGE catfish. He must of weighed 25-30lbs. Took a while for it to show itself. He must of been 35 or so inchs long. Didnt have a camera with me but my wife saw it.

Anyways, I was fishing for bass and no luck. What are all of you fishing with at griggs? What depths? I have tried Pig/jigs, crank baits and worms with out any luck. Any suggestions?

2. griggs's been tough lately. yesterday was very tough. i fished deeper all day slow and fast with none...my partner caught one 2 pounder. so all i can say is it's tough right now. i'll be there again tonight. i generally do better there after happy hour.

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Hey Jared. So, you caught general sherman, did you? Marshal and I did o.k. yesterday. We had towork very hard to catch our fish. He'll tell you how we caught ours if you wanty to know. Tubes in about 6-8 ft of water is the best bet.

4. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

I've been looking for him in Griggs at night for awhile now. He just hasn't wanted the chunks of fresh shad I've been throwing at him. Have managed a few

Attached Files:

5. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

There are large flatheads in Griggs. And small ones too. Marshall has caught them both.

They are scarey looking. :eek:

6. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

on 4lb test with a shad rap while fishing for smallies what a fight! JaredJ what did you catch him on? flathead or channel ?( or blue :)....yes there are likley some still left above griggs) and did you catch him above or below the dam....I dont want your exact spot just trying to pattern flatheads is all...its a tough job.

Attached Files:

7. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

speaking of blue cats!!!! fins3932 look at the anal fin on your cat!....do you notice how it is flat rather than rounded (like my channel) Im not an expert but a buddy of mine is.....that sure looks like a blue cat to me!!!! look how much longer his anal fin is! See how it has little or no curve? like someone took a pair of scissors to it? now look at mine...see the curvature in the fin?....I think you got a blue man.....your lucky!

8. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

I never really knew the difference between them. I went back through cat pictures in my computer and if you're right about the anal fin, I think a couple others may have been blues, too. Pretty cool!

9. I think it was a flathead, it was inbetween the Island and the bridge. It was on a yellow blueish crank bait. The thing was nasty looking :)