close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs tuesday nighter

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by Marshall, Jun 27, 2007.

1. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Way to go Mike and John, thanks for the butt kicking. 5 bass 9plus lbs and big bass 3.2lbs or so.

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

No problem Marshall, anytime ;)

10lbs is going to fall at one of these Tuesday nighters sooner or later. Anyone who wants to fish a laid back tournament should come. Tuesdays at 6:00 pm.

3. 10bender24

10bender24 Bass Angler

Have you guy's had any problems with some of the finest Columbus employee's (water patrol) approaching you guy's and harassing you about the city law of no money changes hands on city property.He has made his rounds with the weekend circuit's.

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Normally the Columbus police won't bother you. Also remember the "water patrol" has NO inforcement at Griggs. They do at O'Shaugnessy. If he bothers you we have been told to call the Police at Griggs and let them know. Those guys are at O'Shaugnessy and Hoover since they are outside of the Columbus area. They have no power at Griggs. Treat them fair but also let the real cops know if they bother you.
    To answer your question, no not yet as far as I have heard. I would suggest having permits if you hold a tournament with more than 10 boats as they will mess with you if you don't.

5. Is it legal or illegal to have a payout at the local tourneys?

I don't want to get locked up for illegal gambling by some over enthusiastic police officer.

Oh well!!!

6. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

We have had no problems at griggs tuesday evenings, but just about every saturday OSR open or circuit that i fished the patrol has given the directors static about handing out cash on park property. But i will have to say they put on a nice show trying to kill a sick raccoon last wednesday evening. Very professional, trying to run it over with the city truck with no success. It would be nice if they would worry about more important issues than passing out money to the winners.