close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs Sunday

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by FINMAN, Jul 26, 2004.

1. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

I took Mrs Fins and the grand daughter for a little boatride Sunday. Gary reported 21 boats in the S/T, but I swear we crossed paths with boat beating the banks every 100 yards or so, all the way to Hayden Run bridge. Plus there was a wake board contest down by the dam. Busy place, Griggs. I know they stock s-eyes there, but rarely hear about them above the dam. This is either the most unsuccessful stocking or there are some tight lipped fishermen here....

2. fins, i caught a 18inch sauger there sunday in 8feet of water in an orange crankbait. my club had a tourny there as well.

3. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

The saugeye fishing can be very good at times on there . The fall months seem to be better and the fish can be caught on a variety of baits . I catch them alot while bass fishing in the fall on tube baits . Im sure if you tied on a larger twister tail and worked the banks you could pick up a few . :(

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

I've only eye fished Griggs (above the dam) a few times...first time I tried, we nailed over 20 eaters (biggest around 5 lbs) on 1/16th oz jigs w/white tails...we just happened to hit it right.

Went last year in the fall, didnt catch numbers but caught some real nice ones...following week, I took Net out with me, and we blanked. I will say this though...I've seen more 9+lbs eyes come out of that river than any inland lake (including Alum) around. Seemed like for a while, each week someone would catch one during our bass tournies, crankin.

5. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks guys. I'm located in old Hilliard area, so Griggs would give me more time on the water and less time on the road. P.S. Mrs fins wasn't too impressed with the boat ride, so my sacred fishing time is in no danger of encroachment ;)