close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs/Scioto Evening 6/30

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by topwaterdevil, Jul 1, 2007.

1. topwaterdevil

topwaterdevil SMB and Saugeyes.

Caught a bunch of green sunfish, one was 4" and attacked a 2.5" floating rapala. Also ended up with couple of bluegill and a nice Redear. 10" largemouth, 8" and 10" Smallmouth, and a 10" Saugeye. The Saugeye was my personal first, no doubts on the identification here, a very nice fish. It's not a lake Erie walleye, but still a beautiful fish I'd like to see more of. I fished both the Reservoir itself and further downstream. No pics until I get a digital.

2. Don't eat anything out of there man. You'll be sooorrrrry!!!!!!!!!! Try below the dam when the water is up a about a foot more than it is now. Nice saugeye there at times. 20" PLUS.

3. topwaterdevil

No worries there. I'm too lazy to string up and clean anything, so I'd rather let em all go.

4. saugeyeslayer

saugeyeslayer The tug is the drug

you may think its gross but i eat plenty of scioto saugeyes. its really not bad at all unless your pregnant, 3 years old, an infant,elderly or have severe health conditions. but i mean if some people live by C&R i thank them for giving me a chance to fill my freezer/belly with some delicious tax funded saugeyes wherever i can get em.

only fish i keep are saugeyes,crappie and the occasional whitebass.

Golden Fried Saugeye. mmm

5. Were you on a boat or from shore?
    I'm just getting into fishing here in Columbus since my boat is in Cleveland.
    I was reading about Griggs in Ohio Game and fishing magazine.
    Joe

6. topwaterdevil

I was fishing from shore. The reservoir is full of ski boats most weekends, and the level of the river itself is low enough that you're better off wading and walking IMO. For bass in the reservoir, you do a lot better on a boat than from shore, just because you can move around more and hit more spots and shoreline.

Just to throw a question out there: Does anyone fish from the west shore of the reservoir? I know there's some public access at Hayden Falls and in the Indian Village park from Fishinger all the way to the dam, but it still seems like the east shore gets a lot more attention.

7. tcba1987

tcba1987 Tuscarawas River Angler

Sounds like a awesome day of fishing....................i LOVE catching a mixed bag of fish like that !!! :D

8. I have fished the West shore close to the Griggs dam, there is a cove about halfway between the bridge at Fishinger and the dam, my Father took me there years ago and we would catch some Crappie, I have went back a couple times in recent years and caught nothing but small gills, its right at the end of all the pinic tables and grills there on the west side.

9. :confused: Topwaterdevil, you got to try the fishing from the west side below the dam. Hang on bro. They "eye's" and the smallies should slam you pretty hard. Ask Acklac too, about those days on the west side.:D

Steve

10. topwaterdevil

I'll try to get down there sometime. Sounds like fun.

11. Was down there yesterday below the dam, and cought 12 rock bass, man they were small. A friend of mine tryed to fish the west side below the dam about a week ago, he told me that he was parking over by the cell tower. He said that some guy stopped him and told him that it was private property and if he did not leave he would call the cops.