Griggs Reservoir??

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sleaz-e, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Any one try griggs yet? im thinking of heading down this evening.

2. I tried to fish below the dam this morning but the water was still kinda high and muddy, I ended up hitting some ponds instead.

3. it's been slow yesterday and today

caught a couple smallies at the lower part and some sort of big sucker fish (22 inches)

upper part....cats are starting to bite.

4. How is the main lake? I want to test my new (used) boat & thinking of going there but not if it's full of logs & assorted debris.

Fisherball

5. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

its muddy, but the debris isn't bad at all. There was some smaller sticks floating around, but Griggs always has that.

6. I hit Alum this last weekend to run my rig, very little debris up there but fishing wasn't good at all, mostly chocolate milk!

7. I hit alum on sat and sun with no luck. Saturday I tried near the dam and got nothing. Sunday tried the northern most part of the lake and got skunked again. A boat next to us pulled in some very small crappies but they were very few and far between. Hit some apartment complex ponds today and hit 3 LMB's. They went after anything. Caught the first one on plastic worm then the other two on a spinner. They were very active, in shallow and deep water.

8. I went running at Griggs today and they were putting the buoys in. It is extremely muddy with tons of debris in the water. I would take your boat to Alum if you wanted to run it. There were just too many logs and stuff in the water that would wreak havoc on your keel. Just my 2 cents!

9. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

Fished heard today & only cought a small handfull of Crappie in 2 spots :(
    water is dirty brown with all sorts of floating wood - be safe if you head out - docks still not in yet