close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs Reservoir!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Darwin, Feb 25, 2005.

1. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Thanks for the heads up!

3. That explains why they have barrels at the boat ramps. Thanks for the info
    B :D

4. ShakeDown

UPDATE: It's officially closed for boating until further notice.

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Well the heck with it Shake I say we take off for Tenn. about the 10th. How's that sound. They can just keep Griggs! :D

6. ShakeDown

Agreed :D :D

I heard on the radio that it will be closed 4-6 weeks?

7. Can't boaters see the dam? :confused: Common sense would tell you to keep a safe distance. :rolleyes:

8. its not closed it is boat at ur own risk

9. That's the problem, you might it's common sense, but all it takes is for one idiot to go over the dam and then sue the city for millions b/c they didn't have the cable up. :mad:
    Remember the mcdonalds hot coffee lawsuit. It's just ridiculous that you hurt your self and then blame someone else. :eek:

It happened to me: a neighbors kid got hurt on my property and I ( my home owners ins. had to agree to a settlement to keep it out of court). :mad:
    It's just crazy
    Bryan

10. Watching the news this morning I guess the cable is more for if someone has boat trouble they grab it rather than drifting over the dam :eek: . That makes perfect sense to me.

11. ShakeDown

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said Friday that they have closed the Scioto River in the Griggs Reservoir Dam area to all boating.

I guess they posted closure signs too.

12. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Shake your right. It is closed to any and all boats period!

13. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Hey guys I also heard they were closing all of Dale Hollow the weekend of March 11th. Ha Ha good luck get some pics for us.

14. ShakeDown

15. there going to reopen dale hollow the 9th of april,closed till then ha ha. :) :) :)

16. I stopped @ Griggs last night. The ramps are still closed, but the new safety cable is sitting next to the south ramp. Maybe it will be installed soon?

17. The safety boom is being installed today at Griggs. Hopefully, they will have it completed by late this afternoon.

18. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Sexy lookin' aren't they :)....Alot better than the yellow ones...Can't wait till next year to see them bouncing around below the dam!

Attached Files:

19. I can't swear but I think I found the safety cableand barrels from griggs last week. It's right above the greenlawn dam on the west side of the river. I don't know who to contact but it was there last tuesday morning. It never fails, below griggs you can find all kinds of things. I have seen docks,still in good shape down by the 5th ave bridge.
    Bryan

20. Gotravel

Gotravel Member

Dale and Shake, Check the forecast for Tenn. Warm front on it's way and A Tenn local reports they are catching. Good luck