Griggs Last Night

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by topwaterdevil, Jul 11, 2008.

1. topwaterdevil

topwaterdevil SMB and Saugeyes.

Went below Griggs last night and scared up a couple of decent smallmouth. Fishing still seemed kind of slow. I think it's up about 1 1/2 - 2' from where it should be for this time of year. Water wasn't stained too badly though.

The mosquitoes were on fire!

2. Buddy and I were up there last night north of Fishinger, caught 1 14" LM right before we left around 8:30. I think it was flies more so than mosquitoes they were killing us, tried some deep woods Off and it had no effect.

3. Im thinking about going tonight but at the risk of sounding lame I dont know about the skeeters..I got ate up last weekend, Im just now starting to get over them.

4. I took my Son out for a couple hrs lastnight, water was a bit higher than what I would have liked to take him on a wade(especially at night) so we stuck pretty close to the bank and tossed jitterbugs around without much luck, sprayed the cutters on pretty heavy before we left the car, swatted a couple skeeters away but nothing like I had in mind we might, guess like they got there fill on you guys, might go back tonight after some channels.