Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went out to griggs on my kayak a couple days ago. Unlimited hp narrow reservoirs aren't my favorite on a kayak but the largemouth fishing is good according to the odnr. I put in near hayden run rd and headed north about a half mile and then across and fished the banks along the way. I don't have a fishfinder yet and griggs seems a little hard to read with out one in my opinion.

I was fishing a 1/0 texas rig with a scented 4 in brown worm and a sr5 silver/black shad rap. I was getting skunked so I switched to a scented 3'' trout worm on a 4 hook so I could at least have a little fun. I ended up with a couple pumpkinseeds and a bluegill. Better than nothing.

Where are the largemouth out there. Anyone willing to give some location and lure tips?

Thanks

·
Ohio Hawg Hunter
2,638 Posts
I just blogged a little about this:

www.ohiobassblog.com

Honestly, they are on every bank on the lake. Lots of them too. Both the Texas rigged worm and the shad rap will catch them. Just fish shallow shoreline cover. Griggs is one of the easier reservoirs to figure out in Central Ohio.

·
Kayak Fishing's Most Wanted
944 Posts
I did good Sunday morning with a wacky rigged senko. Green pumpkin with copper flake.....weightless, work the banks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I found them early yesterday. They were in shallow, up and tight to large rocks and wood. Small crankbaits and black/blue 1/8 oz jig with a swimming trailer seemed to be the ticket.
When it warmed up a bit I got a couple smallmouth fishing deeper swimming along the bottom with a 3" grub. Just bounced it along the rocks.
By the way, the blog mentioned earlier in this thread by fishingredhawk is awesome. I've been following it along since it got started and I look forward to the posts. Great job with that!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts