close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs is looking good!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by captnroger, Apr 7, 2004.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Went by today after work, won't be long now. The rowers were out, the water is coming down and has a nice stain to it. Docks aren't in, and a couple of fishermen and one nutty skier were out!

2. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

Cool ! I cant wait to get over there so i can catch some fish . :D

3. to Knox Marine tomorrow morning to get set up and tuned for the up and coming season. I hope there are some fish left after the "gill net boys" are done around here.

I hope that the law enforcement people did something more than fine these morons. Because they are just going to do it again, and next time they will be a little more careful and not get caught so easily.

We all MUST stick together and put a stop to this. Keep your eyes out boys and report ANYTHING unusual to the authorties. Or better still, let's take matters into our own hands and "kick some butt". :D :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

What is this about gill netters? I haven't heard this story yet. They were in griggs?

5. the gillnetters were at hoover last week. It was in Sunday's paper.

6. Kenny B. had a nice bass on yesterday at Griggs.... Looks like it wont be long....

See ya on the waters soon.
    GarryS

7. stilesp

stilesp Fishin Alum

Yeah I ended up finding the story. Doesn't that pee you off? I think they were talking about fishermen that know what they are doing catching that many saugeye a yr. I haven't caught that many in a lifetime. Granted I'm not always after them but still. They should have executed them on the spot and kicked them in. The turtles would have been happy. But seriously they will get off to easy I bet ya.

8. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Good to see you made it here Pat :)

As for the poachers...that article made me SICK. $10 a fish? That's a slap.

Regarding Griggs, I'll be there Friday from 4pm - Dark!

9. Fished Griggs for about an hour or two yesterday...water was still a bit murky but fishable. Managed one channel cat on scopex pescaviva...nice day to be out.

10. CW, scopex eh? They say that chocolate is a good one in the spring since the fish are looking for high calorie foods....just a thought. Ha, I couldn't resist, gotta love carp lingo.

Norm

11. mightyduck

mightyduck AGE Ranger

Hey everyone!
    Went out to Griggs Thursday and caught one nice largemouth and one big catfish. Caught the catfish crappie fishing with a road runner. Good fight on 6lb test. Caught the bass on a crankbait. Anyone catching any crappies? Looking to take my daughter out to Griggs this weekend.

12. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Glad you found us John!

I'm headed out after work, i'll letcha know where we find those crappies.

13. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Hi ya John, it's about time you here :D Like Shake said glad to see you found us. Looking forward to a great season this year.