close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs IS BAD!!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by captnroger, Jun 1, 2004.

1. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Wow, drove over Griggs this evening, I can't remember in recent years the water being so high. The ramps near to the Fishinger Road bridge, the water was actually in the parking lot in the little cove south of the ramp. Very high. No boats.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

That's why I cancelled the tournament tonight. Sure wish it would settle so we can get these started. Lots of debree also in the water, and fast current.

3. Went and checked the honey hole today and it looked like the Mississippi. Raging out of control. All of this rain is sure making it hard on us all. :(

4. Ditto..the rain is killing me on the river as well...at least Im staying busy at work and putting myself in the posistion to buy alot of tackle for when the weather clears(if that counts for much)

5. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Anyone been up to O'Shays lately? I need to get Sporty out for a shakedown run on his new ride this week.

6. Simply unfishable with all this rain. Looks like a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup.

7. We should bottle it and sell it as choclate milk! And just hope that they dont take a drink untill they have drove away :eek: :D :cool:

8. DaleM

O'Shaugnessy is not unfishable! Check out the results for our Sunday tournament. We had 2- bass over 3 lbs. brought in. You just have to know how to fish muddy or stained water. We had 30 bass brought in to be weighed. High, yes but not unfishable.

9. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

When did you see water in the parking lot at Griggs on the 1st? Tuesaday evening, at about 8:30 I saw no water in the lot off Fishinger. Docks were accessible, water up, but not a lot of debris. Maybe we should trade in our fishing boats for arcs :rolleyes:

10. Dale, taken from your post in the "Tournements Forum", "Sorry guys, River is high, and muddy also lots of debree floating. Calling for heavy rain later today also. unless it really get bad next week we'll be there."

Dale, I was going by what you said on the 1st (yesterday) As I saw the same thing you did.
    High water and muddy. To me that was "unfishable". I wouldn't want all that mud in my motor and constantly watching for LARGE debri. Pain in the buttsky. I would be hesitant to put the boat up on "plane" and run 40mph with all that crap floating around. Sure, you could fish it. Guess it's how bad you want to fish or have to fish.

Glad the tournement was a success. How many boats were there?

11. DaleM

Truck, we had 17 boats. That report was for Griggs, even though O'Shaugnessy was muddy it wasn't as bad as Griggs, After last night Griggs is really getting worse. Someday we'll be able to get back out like a few weeks ago when I ran into you. Well if it ever quits raining :confused:

12. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Water actually isnt EXTREMLY high....its at flood stage..but I have seen it worse a number of times this year....and yes it is fishable.....just got 2 know where/how to get em'....I got a 21' 5.0lb smallie about a week ago when the water was about this high....got a 11 lb flathead today....try up the feeder creeks...About a month ago I was walking over a small bridge that crosses one of the creeks that feeds into the scioto. The water was high..similar to the conditions right now. Anyway to my suprise I witnessed at LEAST 30 largemouth stacked from the mouth of the creek all the way back to the bridge where I was standing. Most were small (under 12') but at least a dozen were over 15' They were EVERYWHERE and just under the surface of the water ( which looked liked crap btw)....I used call it quits when the water got this high...now I welcome it.....please catch and release....acklac

13. Well, fished it from about 9:30 a.m. until 4:15. Stayed south of Home Rd bridge though. Worked both sides on the lake and went into Twin Lakes and worked the rock wall for about an hour & a half. Threw Spinners, Wiggle Warts, Baby Mann1's, 6 or 7 different types of plastics, Jigs n' Pigs, Deep divers out in the middle of the lake too. Water was like coffee. Couldn't see a black/purple Jig/Pig after 6 inches down.

Guess what????????? :eek: Not a stinking bite. I must be doing something wrong. I never had this problem in Florida. Or any place else for that matter. I went fishing at a private lake the other day with TahoeJ and stood there and watched him catch 6 Bass somewhere around 3 lbs and I got NOTHING again. That water was clear as a bell. It must be the dreaded "Curse". :eek: :eek:

Some of you know what "The Curse" is I'm sure.

The Mother-in-Law Curse. I think she cursed me for sure.

Well, have a great day fellas.

I'm outa here. :p

ps:
    I don't think I'll be able to fish tomorrow. :( Doris and Lily are coming back from vacationing in Florida all week on Saturday. So, guess what? I will be cleaning and laundrying and carpet shampooing, etc.... Gotta do the husbandly thing you know. You all have been there too. You know it. Maybe I'll fish tomorrow evening if I get done.

Later guys.

14. katfishmcgraw

katfishmcgraw aficianado

Normally, when fishing, boat don't have to be on plane... that is unless your fishin for jetskiers :D