·
Super Moderator
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any updates flow conditions??

·
Registered
241 Posts
Was there this morning. It was back to normal, water flowing a little faster than normal though. The rain around noon and afterwards today may have made it a little muddy, but it shouldnt be too bad.

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Still green,sexy and clear on the sourthern end, not sure about up North. Got some tribs dumping in that are slightly "stained" but even they aren't even close to "muddy"...

·
Super Moderator
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Had an awesome morning on Griggs Sunday. River is in great shape....a little dark but that's what you get. Fished from 7am-1 under perfect hazy clouds and hammered the greenbass on Rico Pops and Spinnerbaits. Had some crazy blowups from above average fish, 3 were pushing 3lbs. Channelcats and large sunfish also hitting hardbaits. No Smallmouth or hybrids :(

·
Registered
146 Posts
Had an awesome morning and evening on griggs sunday as well. Smallmouth are on fire!

·
Banned
4,478 Posts
Nice Fish, glad I could help:) Saw alot of Boats out Sunday, probably a tournament. You know if any of the tourny guys are picking up Wipers on the regular?

·
Suburban Fishing
4 Posts
fished an old train bridge south of Griggs by Marble Cliff, easy entry, was throwing a wooly bugger on a fly rod and caught 4 smallies the other day stripping it across a rocky inlet. nothing huge, biggest 13''

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
We fished Griggs Sunday also. Sounds like we should have gotten there earlier. We fished from 11:30 to 4:30. Ended up with 5 bass (4 LM and 1 Smallie) Biggest was just over 3 lbs rest were pretty small. Switched to panfishing after it got hot out. Caught 40 some gills, a few nice sized ones. Saw some kids catching a lot of cats on crawdads.

·
Super Moderator
3,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks AJ :)

No tourney was happening on Sunday...lake was pretty quiet until around lunch time and the Ski'ers came out in force. I am yet to stab a hybrid but am way overdue!!

I am looking for someone to fish Griggs on Friday morning 6-1pm

What did you take your bass on CHOPIQ?

Nice Fish, glad I could help:) Saw alot of Boats out Sunday, probably a tournament. You know if any of the tourny guys are picking up Wipers on the regular?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
I was out on Griggs on Sunday. There was a bass tourney but I'm not sure what club it was. Might have been TBX's single fisherman circuit since all the guys were solo vs. partners.

Anyway, I was just out there with my son and ended up having a decent morning fishing from 6-Noon. 10 bass, 7 keepers but nothing too exciting size wise-couple of 2 lbers and the rest were 12-14" fish. 1 brown the rest green. Fun morning. Jig, spinnerbait, top water.

I'm sure the river clouded up a bit with all the rain over the past few days but it will clean up quickly. Personally, I like it when there is some flow in oshay and Griggs! Ill take that over no flow, clear any day on those two lakes! The current gets those baitfish closer to shore....with the bass close behind.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts