close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs Conditions - just looked

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Jun 11, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Drove by around 7:30 pm and it was high and muddy as expected, but probably fishable if anyone's headed that way. Wakeboarders were out, but they always are aren't they?

2. Just got off the phone with a buddie. He was informed by a park ranger that Griggs is up in the parking lot. No pot tourney tonight!!!!

3. ShakeDown

Yeah, its the worst it's been all year right now. Oshay is in the lot too, and in the backyards of folks who live before the dam. Isn't this stuff supposed to stop in May?!?!?

4. I figured it would be at it's worst for the year. If it's in the parking lot, I guess we won't have any reason to fish. I just know Kenny'll still be there. I wish I could get ahold of him to let him know. That's right, It's cancelled. Anyone knows how to get ahold of KennyBeck today, let him know.

5. ShakeDown

I just looked out my window (I work Downtown, right across the river from Cosi) and the water has flooded out the steps on the bank in front of Cosi. This one will probably take a while to recover from.

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

It will get worse folks ;) We had a LOT of rain up here last night. Water standing in areas I've never seen it before. Knee deep water across the highways where i"ve never seen them flood before. Not a good thing.

7. All the saugeye will be in the ohio river by the time she calms down. I havent seen it this bad, this time of year in 10years!

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

The last few years we have not had a spring early summer fishing season..I hope beyond hope next year is different?

9. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Great call Rainer. Just stopped by Griggs, it's over the launch ramps! I'll be cancelling Tuesdays as well.

10. We can all hope, but it seems that each year the weather is getting worse. Typically we are fishing the flats for s-eyes by now. Hell usually first week in June. But if memory serves me correct it was this time last year when she was finally ready to be fished. The thing that sucks is, the bit typically is real real hot from Mid June till Mid July./ We have already lost 2 weeks. :mad: :(

11. ShakeDown

Oh for sure Cptn. Mid June to Mid July is THE time on Griggs/Oshay. We're getting screwed this year.