Griggs Bass Report

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingredhawk, Jul 7, 2008.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

The bass are biting really well at Griggs right now. Hitting just about everything and in all parts of the lake. The high water has pulled a lot of smallmouth into the lower end of the reservoir.

Here is a picture of Marshall and I holding 4 of our 6 from the Sunday G/O tournament. The bag went 10.98 lbs. Bigger fish was 3.1 lbs.

[​IMG]

2. Slabs!

Slabs! Multispecies Journeyman

Nice fish. Good job guys

3. nice looking fish guys, did the 10.98 win? i know the water was stained up pretty bad down there at the end of the week, but looks like the bite is still on though!congrats

4. fishingredhawk

Yeah, it won.

5. nice fish, is that the biggest bag so far this year?

6. fishingredhawk

No! Big bags are being brought in pretty frequently. The quality of bass this year from Griggs is just awesome.

Marshall had 11.5 or so a few weeks ago.

Also, today in the Monday morning tournament, Bill Lupton had 9.75 and Marshall and I had 9.5. And in the Wednesday night tournament two weeks ago Bill Foster and Mike West had a 10.61lb bag.

7. That's some good fishing man! Glad to hear you guys are into 'em that heavy.
    When I fish the Scioto, I typically don't fish the resevoirs, but I think one things holds true either way: that river fishes better in higher water.
    Congrats on the consistent success, dude. That's saying something down there for sure!!

8. wow, i didnt know everyone was getting into some fish like that...i had talked to bill f. and knew he was on the fish down there...sounds awesome, ive been missing out, going to have to skip an alum trip and hit griggs!

9. Does the water still look like a chocolate milk shake or is it finally clearing up a little?

10. fishingredhawk

Still pretty murky, but starting to clear a little bit.

11. I see your skipping out of work;)
    Found some good ones sunday night. See you wednesday:D