close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Griggs 7 - 9:30pm July4th

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ShakeDown, Jul 4, 2004.

1. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Took my father in law out for a few hours, got into the bass pretty good on cranks. Had 3 keepers boated in the first 15 mins alone, which was what the doctor ordered after all the misses I had on Oshay this morning.

Coming back to the ramp (dark) some yahoo is in the fishinger rd bridge ramp lot blowing off fireworks, without any regard to his surroundings. He didn't notice us at the ramp (we DID have our lights on) and proceeds to shoot roman candles out over the water, close enough that I could grab em as they wizzed by. I was LIVID. Jumped out of the boat to confront him (after yelling some choice words) and realized the guy and his 4 year old son didn't speak a lick of English. I think my gestures were pretty universal, and got the point across :D

Go to back the trailer in, and a husband and wife duo proceed to play with their 4 unleashed dogs at the ramp. It's pitch black out, dog's running around the ramp with no lighting, a jerk shooting fireworks over the water...add a trapeze, instant circus.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

:rolleyes: Looks like you had a great day Shake :D

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Sometime I am glad I dont have a boat, but not always!

4. Where is there a police officer when you need one! Just another example of not knowing where you are. I thought fireworks were illegal to set off in this state,....how about asking those guys in Marion with the homemade cannon! What a shame, but if they'd followed the law, none of this would have happened. No regard for fishermen anymore. Everyone feels they are entitled to improper use of public land.

Eric

5. ShakeDown

That's what blew my mind the most...I mean, anymore you could close your eyes, spin in a circle and throw a rock and you'll hit a jackass. But to light them off in a city park, at the corner of a major intersection?? That's takes the cake.

6. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

I fished griggs till 2 am one time last year. Caught lots of fish but back at the ramp there were quite a few drunks with open containers and one guy was shouting to me and my buddy while we were out on the lake. Some of these people were really messed up (probably crack heads). Where were the cops now? I didn't want to get off the water. But when we did they left us alone. I would like to fish griggs again at night but after that I'm not sure I want to.

7. the cops are all busy chasing people making out in thier cars. they might get a free peek.

8. Is there a HP limit on Griggs?

LoweBoat

9. ShakeDown

299 maybe? 40mph speed limit regardless.

10. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

glad to hear you got into some fish. sucks to hear about the idiots we deal with any more. i got into a dozen small ones at knox today nothing of size though.

11. Phil Carver

Phil Carver Team Bass Xtreme

I think that you should just invest in a potatoe gun Shake . I believe that they would get the hint ! :D Or at least have to go home and change pants !