close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greenup Pool

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by saugeyepete, Mar 21, 2005.

1. I am new here, but wanted to comliment everyone on establishing and maintaining such a great site. Glad I am able to be a part and hopefully I'll be able to share some good information. I am from central Ohio and know a good bit about the lakes in this area. However, I was hoping someone might be able to share some info with me about the greenup pool on the river.

About 8-10 years ago my father and I used to go to racine quite a bit in the winter and it was nothing to catch sauger all day long--some of the best fishing trips I've ever had! However, in the past couple of years, I've went back down in the winter and the fishing has been very poor. I don't know what happened to all the sauger, but they don't seem to be there anymore. Also, when I've been back down, there is never anyone fishing like there used to be. I was very disappointed because it was such a great place to go. I've never had much luck around here in the winter and usually get frustrated when I do go because most fish I see taken are not hooked in the mouth (deercreek especially!) Anyway, as of late, I've heard some good reports about the greenup pool and was wandering if the sauger fishing is as good down there as it used to be at racine. I was thinking about heading down this weekend with a buddy, and was wandering if what I heard was true. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot!