close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

greenup dam

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by woodysoutdoors, Apr 30, 2008.

1. I am going to be near Ironton and I see on google map a place called greenup dam. I have fished willow island but have not fished greenup. can anyone tell me anything about it at all? and which side do you fish? KY or ohio and I believe we can fish KY side w/ an ohio license?

any advice is apreciated! we plan on going sat.

Thanks,
    connie

2. it can be one of the funnest places you will ever fish. fish the ohio side anywhere from the dam downstream a few hundred yards. 1/4 oz jig heads with a 3 or 4 inch twisty tail grub is all you need but take plenty because getting snags is just part of it. you can expect to catch hybrids, sauger, white bass, carp, gar and smallmouth bass...they're all in there :B

3. creekwalker

creekwalker Moving water...

Do a quick search on the forum for it and you'll turn up a lot of results from past posts. Good info on what to use, what's biting now, where to fish at the dam, how crowded it might get, etc. Looks like the hybrids are biting there now based on some posts over in the hybrid/striper forum from Daveo76.

I'd plan to get there early for a good spot :D

CW

4. Looks like the water should be off the top sidewalk by Saturday AM. I should be there around 9AM after work. Be prepared to catch some fish. Feel free to pm me any questions you may have and I'll help all I can... Dave