close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greenup Dam Stripers ?

Discussion in 'Stripers & Hybrids' started by Garyoutlaw77, Feb 25, 2008.

1. Garyoutlaw77

Garyoutlaw77 Rough Fish Ambassador

It has been a while scence I had last fished Greenup Dam by Portsmouth & we tend to catch a ton of fish & wondered if anyone targets the stripers here because we have cought fish up to 14 pounds here but the big fish bite was never a steady one from the bank but when we trolled we stomped the crap out of em' Anyone else fish here wanna compair notes ?

2. striperswiper

striperswiper Catfisherman for life;)

We fish there often and throw stick baits far out and let them drift and pull in probly 15+ hybrids a day rarly see a striper thoughthe water is well above the wall right now though lol

3. You can get a boat close to the dam?

4. striperswiper

Umm noo... we fished off the sidewalk lol the boat line is like a line from the corner of the lock its weird lol

5. I'm sorry striperswiper, I was asking Garyoutlaw77 about his comment about trolling below the dam. I am familiar with Greenup Dam and cant imagine taking a boat any closer than the end of the lock wall.

6. striperswiper

oh ok lol srry for the mix up

7. kyjake

kyjake Still learning

You can take a boat into good fishing area below the dam.A line from the lower end of the lock to the big sign up near the parking lot on the Ohio side is OK as far as I know.Should respect the bank fishermen.
    Jake