close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Greenlawn

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mushijobah, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Hit it tonight as the water was rising from the release @ Deleware Dam. The white bass were poppin! Nice ones at that. Saw a few eyes caught. Got a big old crappie too. Was only there an hour and the water raised approx. a foot in that time.

2. so when you say poppin what do you mean. I have been wanting to go down there.

3. FOSR

FOSR name of Alex

Our river group is planning to do a trash cleanup down there this Saturday. We pulled a huge amount of stuff out of there last year. The high water washes it up on the bank, and you can stand in one place and pick up 20 items without moving either foot.

4. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Poppin' is synonomys with really good, or awesome. The fishing was really good/awesome. As far as trash down there goes.....I know. Until some sort of storm water system for removing solid debris from flow during a storm, it will continue to be a trashy place.

5. FOSR

FOSR name of Alex

Floating trash is a big concern of the group, and I want to start a separate thread to ask all of you what you see out there in various waters around the state.

6. streamstalker

streamstalker deleted

I fished around the confluence today. The trash is unbelievable. I saw a mattress in a tree and several refrigerators. I even saw a car that had rotted away to where there was almost nothing left but the tires and the plastic bumpers.

You don't notice it so much when everything greens up, but when you see it now, it's disgusting.